Lav Filters

mata7

Guest asrequested

For my issue, LAV doesn't process AAC. I either have to remux (which I've done with a few) or I use ffdshow or just listen in stereo. I may just go through the entire collection and remux the relevant files. It'll take a while. Damn you, yify lol

Guest asrequested

And I probably should apologize for totally hijacking this thread :)

Edited by Doofus

• 2 weeks later...
Guest asrequested

@@Luke Can we please have these options back? At least for MP3 and AAC. I have so many old shows and movies that have stereo tracks that don't get processed, and I have to finagle with my receiver settings. To be allowed to use other processing software would be so great. PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! I implore you.

57aff6dd6e5d8_Snapshot_221.jpg

Notfast

Is it not possible to have the server transcode AAC 2.0 to AC3 2.0 (or 5.1) using ffmpeg on the fly?

Edited by Notfast

@@Luke Can we please have these options back? At least for MP3 and AAC. I have so many old shows and movies that have stereo tracks that don't get processed, and I have to finagle with my receiver settings. To be allowed to use other processing software would be so great. PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! I implore you.

57aff6dd6e5d8_Snapshot_221.jpg

Right now there's just not a large enough audience for this feature.

Is it not possible to have the server transcode AAC 2.0 to AC3 2.0 (or 5.1) using ffmpeg on the fly?

Well the server is capable but there isn't really any configuration you can use to force that to happen.

Notfast

Well the server is capable but there isn't really any configuration you can use to force that to happen.

Not even in a server profile? Is it possible a profile for Emby theater, just like Chromecast and Roku?

There is a profile yes but it is embedded into Emby Theater. It's not exposed for configuration at this point.

AdrianW

I'd really like to get AAC to AC3 audio transcoding (at least for 6 channel audio) - I just searched through my movies and I have just over 100 with 6 track AAC and these all play back as stereo PCM with ET.

I've already manually re-encoded some to 5.1 AC3 but I don't relish doing it for all 100.

Notfast

There is a profile yes but it is embedded into Emby Theater. It's not exposed for configuration at this point.

Okay. Normally only power user would need to change that.

Could you show us where, so we can poke around

Guest asrequested

I'd really like to get AAC to AC3 audio transcoding (at least for 6 channel audio) - I just searched through my movies and I have just over 100 with 6 track AAC and these all play back as stereo PCM with ET.

I've already manually re-encoded some to 5.1 AC3 but I don't relish doing it for all 100.

I've converted some of mine, too. 

@@Luke I'm not alone in this. How much demand would it take to have this implemented? 

• Like 1

babgvant

That shouldn't happen. What audio connector are you using?

AdrianW

That shouldn't happen. What audio connector are you using?

This is happening on two different PCs (my desktop and my NUC) - one is connected via HDMI and the other via SPDIF.

My desktop (SPDIF) has these settings under "Playback / Audio" in ET:

• Speaker Layout: 5.1
  • Audio bitstreaming mode: SPDIF
  • Audio Renderer: WASAPI
  • Dynamic range compression: None
  • Expand mono: Yes
  • Expand 6.1 to 7.1: Yes
  • WASAPI audio device: Default Device

The NUC is similar except it has Audio bitstreaming set to HDMI

My receiver always shows PCM 2.0 when playing AAC 5.1.

Edited by AdrianW

babgvant

This is happening on two different PCs (my desktop and my NUC) - one is connected via HDMI and the other via SPDIF.

My desktop (SPDIF) has these settings under "Playback / Audio" in ET:

• Speaker Layout: 5.1
  • Audio bitstreaming mode: SPDIF
  • Audio Renderer: WASAPI
  • Dynamic range compression: None
  • Expand mono: Yes
  • Expand 6.1 to 7.1: Yes
  • WASAPI audio device: Default Device

The NUC is similar except it has Audio bitstreaming set to HDMI

My receiver always shows PCM 2.0 when playing AAC 5.1.

On the SPDIF system, you will only get two channels PCM. That is expected.

On a HDMI system using the WASAPI renderer you should get 6 channels. You can get 6 channels w/o the WASAPI renderer if you set the speaker settings in Windows to 5.1 as well. If this isn't working correctly, we can debug further.

puithove

On a HDMI system using the WASAPI renderer you should get 6 channels. You can get 6 channels w/o the WASAPI renderer if you set the speaker settings in Windows to 5.1 as well. If this isn't working correctly, we can debug further.

I can confirm this works on my system with both WASAPI and ReClock. 6-channel AAC decoded and output as 6-channel PCM via HDMI.

Edited by puithove
  • Like 1

puithove

Right now there's just not a large enough audience for this feature.

You can add me to the list of those wanting to be able to tweak advanced settings in LAV - even if it's just setting the settings in LAV's guis and having the settings stick.  I'm more about the video settings, but both would be nice.

babgvant

You can add me to the list of those wanting to be able to tweak advanced settings in LAV - even if it's just setting the settings in LAV's guis and having the settings stick.  I'm more about the video settings, but both would be nice.

FWIW, the settings are the same (or greater) in ET v. MBT, just not exposed through the UI yet. Dig into the XML file, it's all there.

puithove

FWIW, the settings are the same (or greater) in ET v. MBT, just not exposed through the UI yet. Dig into the XML file, it's all there.

Yes, that's true of some settings, but they're not all in there.  One I'm particularly interested in is the ability to enable software deinterlacing (yadif and/or w3fdif) as those provide far superior results to madVR's deinterlace for live tv.  If it's available and I just need to know the key name to add, then that's cool.  I have no issues with editing the XML.

Right now I can make that change via LAV's gui and see the results, but of course that only changes it for the current playback - it doesn't stick.

babgvant

Yes, that's true of some settings, but they're not all in there.  One I'm particularly interested in is the ability to enable software deinterlacing (yadif and/or w3fdif) as those provide far superior results to madVR's deinterlace for live tv.  If it's available and I just need to know the key name to add, then that's cool.  I have no issues with editing the XML.

Right now I can make that change via LAV's gui and see the results, but of course that only changes it for the current playback - it doesn't stick.

I didn't say every setting LAV has... Just that what ET has is a superset of what was available via MBT.

What GPU do you have that SW DI produces better results than HW? It's not hard to add addition settings to the backend (xml). If you make a [short] list, I can commit to throwing them in.

Guest asrequested

My problem is that even if all of LAV's settings were exposed, it isn't able to process to AC3. We need something else. I started a new thread about having those settings back

babgvant

My problem is that even if all of LAV's settings were exposed, it isn't able to process to AC3. We need something else. I started a new thread about having those settings back

The settings that were in MBT are in ET, they just aren't in the UI. If you could do something via config before, it's possible to do it now.

Guest asrequested

Which file do I modify. I don't remember which one I tried, but when I removed AAC from it, nothing changed. Can you point me in the right direction?