FireTV Stick Freezes Error App: Error streaming media. The client has most likely disconnected or transcoding has failed.

mcdmusic

mcdmusic

Server is Windows 10

Client Fire TV Stick

Streaming over internet FIOS --> Comcast

Doesnt appear to be transcoding, source file is MKV.

Can normally watch 30-40 mins then it freezes, sometimes it starts right back after a few seconds other times its stuck,  I can back out to the Emby menu and play again, but many times that when it tries to resume it shows the correct place then when it actually starts playing it goes back to the beginning.  btw its not just this file, but others as well.

Any idea on if i can get any logs out of the Fire TV Stick to see whats happening from the client.  From the server logs it shows the client disconnecting.  

Let me know if you need any additional details.

And there is also an option within the app to send a log.  Turn on the debug options in the settings page.

And there is also an option within the app to send a log.  Turn on the debug options in the settings page.

Did you do this?  If so, please tell me when, what you were playing, what happened and the Emby user that was logged in. Thanks.

mcdmusic

Unfortunately I didn't see your response to turn on debug options from Fire TV, and we are no longer that the location of the remote FireTV/emby with issues.  I will try to repeat the problem on the local network here to see if I can get it to happen.

Okay.  Being a remote location, most likely it is just a network interruption.