AppleTV Error on Playing Video

trmentry

trmentry

So once I saw Emby on tvOS, I bought an AppleTV.   So far it has been great and played everything tossed at it.  Granted the server is transcoding but no issues.  

Last night went to play a video, and it gives me an error (pretty generic one) saying

"An error occurred loading this content" and the only option to press ok and go back to the main screen in Emby.

This is the only file that has done this.  Other new files are working fine.  

The media info for the file is below.

Media Info

Media Info
Audio
Languageeng
CodecAC3
Layoutstereo
Channels2 ch
Bitrate187 kbps
Sample rate48000 khz
DefaultYes
TitleEng Dolby Digital stereo (D)
Video
CodecH264
ProfileHigh
Level40
Resolution1920x800
Aspect ratio2.40:1
AnamorphicNo
InterlacedNo
Framerate29.97003
Bitrate6385 kbps
Bit depth8 bit
Pixel formatyuv420p
Ref frames5
NAL4
Containermkv

However if I use VLC app on tvOS and browse to the Emby server and select the file.. it will play fine.  Server transcodes it with no issues.  

Same via a browser interface on my Mac.

Emby on my iPad works fine as well.

Just seems limited to tvOS version.

Any ideas?

Edit: awful paste of the media info.. putting into code window thing

Edited by trmentry

trmentry

Can you post a server log during this time period?

To learn how to do that, see here:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

sure thing.  Please find attached log.  I didn't find it off hand from lastnight... logs rolled so just re-created the issue at a new time stamp. 

please let me know if you need anything else

log.txt

corey

It looks like you have an error in the metadata file for this particular item. Can you navigate to the directory where this movie/show is and attach the NFO file that's in the directory?

trmentry

I'm trying to attach the NFO, but it won't let me.  The flash uploader and the basic uploader both give me an error.  Thought it was due to the file extension.. so renamed to txt... but still get the error.  I did try closing my browser and re-doing... same thing.  

That said.. I got the video to play...ish.    So I played it from my browser on Mac.   Then stopped.  When I went to the ATV (same emby user), it asked if I wanted to resume, and it did without issue.  

But if I selected the file to play from the beginning, it gives the error.  

trmentry

was there also a transcoding log?

No transcoding log for this file that I can find.   

any logs with remux or directstream in the name? there has to be based on the urls getting hit in the main log. thanks.

trmentry

any logs with remux or directstream in the name? there has to be based on the urls getting hit in the main log. thanks.

found directstreams with timestamps at the time of the original log upload.   I've attached both.  However not sure which one is the ATV or the iPad.

directstream-6d064dac-1590-430c-b006-5ba8a8324ba5.txt

directstream-7707949e-3a43-4363-b78e-b1e9c10b65c0.txt

Total shot in the dark but, if you have an mkv editor and can swap the position of those two streams so the video is first and the audio is second, does it make a difference?

trmentry

Total shot in the dark but, if you have an mkv editor and can swap the position of those two streams so the video is first and the audio is second, does it make a difference?

I tired various MKV tools, but was just fumbling my way around them.   Nothing I did seemed to work and the converted MKV files I had did the same thing.

I goofed on one, and it converted as MP4, and that played fine.  

Here is the server log from the MP4.  There was no directstream or remux or transcode in the log dir.   (I stopped the server and deleted all old logs, and then restarted hte server and played the video)

so the log in there was just this.

server-log.txt

mp4 is about the only format that is supported by the device so that's why that doesn't have to transcode.

trmentry

mp4 is about the only format that is supported by the device so that's why that doesn't have to transcode.

ah.. makes sense.  

still weird that it won't do the mkv from the start.. but I can resume it fine.  

oh well... if you need anything else to try and narrow this down... let me know.  

thanks