No sound from Fire TV

homerfan
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

homerfan

Hello All,

Hope someone can help. I've been scratching my head on this one for a couple of hours now.

When trying to play Live TV, I get no audio. The weird thing is that no transcoding log is being generated so I can not check it out to try and troubleshoot. Below is my current setup.

Sever - Version 3.0.5972.0 On Ubuntu

App - Emby for Fire Tv 1.1.90a

Tuners - HD Homerun Prime 2016512atest1 Firmware

Attached is a server log but no transcoding log  because the app is not generating one. If you see the screenshots, you will see the time that transcode logs were generated and the times that i tried playing a a channel.

Let me know if you would like me to provide anymore info.

5749f8ee9f26a_ScreenShot20160528at1249465749f907dfddf_ScreenShot20160528at124914

Log.txt

• Solution

Hi, welcome. Try enabling the setting in the app to downmix audio to stereo.

• Like 1

homerfan

Thank you so much!

That did the trick for the audio. I am however still not getting a transcode log.

That's OK. The important thing is whether you're having any issues or not, not what the log is doing. Thanks.

When you first ran the app, there should have been a message that popped up telling you that, if you were hooked up to just TV speakers, you might not hear sound on some material and then it gave you the option to choose the downmix setting.

Do you remember seeing that message?