How do I prevent Emby from using the mkv embedded images as primary image?

jant90

jant90

I see this happening more often every week, Emby shows the embedded image from a mkv file as the primary image of a TV show episode. These images sometimes contain the release group logo for example.

So far it seems to be just "RARBG" doing it (and it's stupid that they do) but that results in an ugly entry in the library, like so:

post-106187-0-51924600-1464357656_thumb.png

It's relatively easy to fix this inside Emby, I can just delete the image via the metadata manager and refresh the item to get a new image but of course I would like to automate where possible so I was wondering if it's possible to make sure Emby doesn't use these embedded images at all?

Thanks!

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

yea... myself and another emby user are doing the every few days manual cleanup process as well...sucks.. would be nice to disable the embedded image and instead just use the built in emby frame grabber which would be "ok" in place of a real episode image from tvdb

onewaytrigger

I see this happening more often every week, Emby shows the embedded image from a mkv file as the primary image of a TV show episode. These images sometimes contain the release group logo for example.

So far it seems to be just "RARBG" doing it (and it's stupid that they do) but that results in an ugly entry in the library, like so:

attachicon.gifembedded image.png

It's relatively easy to fix this inside Emby, I can just delete the image via the metadata manager and refresh the item to get a new image but of course I would like to automate where possible so I was wondering if it's possible to make sure Emby doesn't use these embedded images at all?

Thanks!

I have some mkv movies with RARBG emmbed image too, but in all case emby auto download a new one. Not sure why this happens with series though.

• 4 years later...

You can disable this as an image fetcher in emby library settings, and then it will rely only on internet images.