Block one plugin update while allowing the others

skept
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

skept

I was wondering if there was a way to block an update to a specific plugin.

My current problem is the latest version of the plugin  Playon 1.0.1.0

The start screen is quite ugly.

5693ffd36d51b_PlayOnScreen.jpg

The previous version 1.0.0.9 appears to work properly for me and opens up to a "better" screen.

53d6942f38198_PlayOn1.png

I would like to stick with that version.

The problem is that every time I load the old version and restart emby to apply update/downgrade, emby updates to the plugin to the latest version when it starts so that on the next restart it is back to the newer version.

I would like to lock the specific plugin to prevent updating until the "problem" can be corrected.

Is this possible?

swhitmore

I think it would be easier/better to just ask to the PlayOn plugin to be fixed. Man that's ulgy :P

skept

I sent a message to snazy2000 requesting a change to the start screen.

The question still stands though.

Sometimes plugins don't quite work for one or more people and the older versions work fine as they were (or at least better than the new one).

Is it possible to block a plugin from updating itself automatically?

• Solution

No, you can't block an individual plug-in from attempting an update.  However, there may be some trick you could apply at the file system level like marking the dll file read-only or something.  It will still attempt to update but would fail.

Of course, please remember you did that in a couple months when you come in here asking why the plug-in won't update :D.

• Like 3

skept

No, you can't block an individual plug-in from attempting an update.  However, there may be some trick you could apply at the file system level like marking the dll file read-only or something.  It will still attempt to update but would fail.

Of course, please remember you did that in a couple months when you come in here asking why the plug-in won't update :D.

I tried to lock the file but it updated itself.

There may be something further that I can do to prevent change but I think I will deal with the plugin as is and try to get snazy2000 to "correct" the problem.

Thank you.