Emby for WMC Invalid Application

deecemobile

deecemobile
Hello I recently moved homes and when I tried to launch Emby in WMC after setting my comuter up in the new home, I received an Invalid Application error in WMC. I get it everytime I try to launch it. The one time it worked I had removed all library paths in the server then it loaded. My computer is fine otherwise, it wasn't damaged in the move. 

Server version: Version 3.0.5972.0

Emby for WMC version: 3.0.302.0

This is the Windows Error at the exact time of the error.

Exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at MediaBrowser.Application.ScreenSaverTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.DispatcherTimer.CallTickHandlers(TimerCallback callback)

at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Queues.Dispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue)

at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UIDispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue, LoopCondition condition)

at MediaCenter.Extensibility.Host.Main(String[] args)

I looked at some other threads and tried removing the chocolate theme from C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Plugins. This did not resolve the issue. 

Any help would be appreciate. Thanks

So, you didn't change anything in the installation at all?  What about other items on the PC?  Windows updates or anything?

You could try re-installing from the website.

deecemobile

The computer was off for 3 days so not much chance of anything changing. I did reinstall emby for WMC already. no change. I just didn't want to have to reinstall the server as well. 

The other thing I am seeing in the logs (C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Logs) is that it is trying to connect to the wrong server IP but then eventually auto detects the correct IP of the server (itself). Not sure if this is contributing to the issue.

Also the MB Classic Configurator is missing a lot of the tabs it should have like plugins and system.

Edited by deecemobile

Also the MB Classic Configurator is missing a lot of the tabs it should have like plugins and system.

Those have been gone for a long, long time.  You do that inside EMC now.

You may need to try a truly clean install with a new configuration.

• 2 months later...
hd4fun

little late

Hope this helps someone

I also had this problem,  but as it turns out the machine didn't have a network connection and so gave this media center error

Re-connect network and everything is fine.

Maybe your network is different at the new house