Another Library sync thread has exited

Ballistic

Ballistic

Hi All,

I am running Emby plugin version 2.2.10.

The setup works fine yesterday. Today new content got added and the client won't sync anymore. Just a few seconds after kodi has started the "Library sync thread has exited" pops up.

Attached Kodi log. The Emby server log does not report anything.

"KeyError: 'SeriesId'" shows but i am kinda lost with this.

kodi.log

Ballistic

I think i found the reason why. This fixed it anyway.

Step 1: A new episode of a TV show was added this morning and Emby scraped the metadata for it. All automatically.

Step 2: In the afternoon i noticed this episode was not placed in the right season directory. I manually renamed and moved the file to the correct place. 

Step 3: Manually started the library scan in Emby. All is good in Emby server now.

Step 4: Kodi with Emby client with fast sync enabled wanted to do the incremental sync on startup of Kodi. This failed.

Somehow, the Emby server still told the client that the episode existed at the old (wrong) location. While trying to get the metadata it obviously failed because the data did not exist (i moved/deleted it in step 2)

Somewhere the old episode entry was cached. I performed a Clean Database manually and restarted Emby server just in case. Client now synced fine!

I first thought that the old episode was still in the Fastsync SyncQueue but i did not touch or cleared it. Maybe the restart of Emby server cleared it and is that what solved the problem?

Edited by Ballistic

joggs

I noticed the same problem after deleting a couple of empty tv show directories.

I will test a couple of things and get back with my findings

Edited by joggs

Angelblue05

@@Luke It means the seriesId key is missing from the server response. However, It's already fixed in the alpha version (we catch the error and don't create the entry), so I wouldn't worry about it. The fix will be in the next emby for kodi beta version, as soon as I can get to it...

Edited by Angelblue05

joggs

I removed a recording named NHL.All.Access.Quest.For.The.Stanley.Cup.2016.Part.1.1080i.ts from my monitored tv series directory,and let emby server rescan and after that the sync finishes without errors.

When I move the recording back to the tv series directory and let server rescan it recognizes the recording as a new episode, the kodi client notices the change and right away the kodi client casts the generic exception we are talking about, ie Library sync thread has exited... This time Series Id insted of name on bottom line of exception

kodi2.log

Edited by joggs