Recorded TV Series Identified as Movies

mini__me
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

mini__me

Version 3.0.5971.0

Since the update to the above server version Recorded TV that is not identified as part of a TV series by Emby (though there are TVDB ID's for the series) is added as an individual Movie per episode, I don't appear to be able to manually add the TVDB ID to the series to correct this.

This causes the Android TV App and Emby for Kodi to display these episodes as Movies with no description, web interface appears to be ok as does iOS app.

If you search the log below as an example for 'Eastenders' you'll see the lines where it's picked up as a movie.

http://pastebin.com/yRuvjQUW

Edit: First pic shows the Eastenders episodes added as movies, with the 2nd second showing them in recorded tv also.

post-1248-0-82092200-1464187568_thumb.jpeg

post-1248-0-22020500-1464187596_thumb.jpeg

Edited by mini__me

• Solution

This may happen for some existing recordings prior to the update but won't happen for new ones going forward because a Season sub-folder will be created for each episode. the best way to resolve this for existing recordings is just to quickly create season folders for those recordings. Without season folders the detection will never be 100% accurate, just like a regular Emby library using the unset content type.

• Like 1

mini__me

@@Luke have this issue with new sports recordings showing as Movies, despite correctly being added to the sports folder within the recorded items.

xXSagaiaXx

This may happen for some existing recordings prior to the update but won't happen for new ones going forward because a Season sub-folder will be created for each episode. the best way to resolve this for existing recordings is just to quickly create season folders for those recordings. Without season folders the detection will never be 100% accurate, just like a regular Emby library using the unset content type.

Mine is still doing this. I even deleted all old recordings and series and still coming up with movie metadata for tv series.

Spaceboy

Just started using Emby tv and seeing this, just seen the first pic, it's eastenders and emmerdale that are causing me issues. Both are in the series folder and in their own named subfolder. Most annoying is trying to play them kicks off cinema mode

Edited by Spaceboy