Skins

Sparrowlogins

Sparrowlogins

Useless at coding here but thought i would start a skinning topic. Anyone begun skinning yet? Would be interested to see peoples progress

• Like 1

aspdend

I was thinking exactly the same thing - I'm hoping to use Theatre daily, but am reluctant until some skins are on offer as the WAF needs to be raised in my house!

I was thinking exactly the same thing - I'm hoping to use Theatre daily, but am reluctant until some skins are on offer as the WAF needs to be raised in my house!

That is the classic chicken and the egg problem and is not a great way to help the app get to where you'd like it to be. On the one hand you have parties who won't build or release something until ABC happens, but on the other hand, you won't use the app until those other parties build or release something.

aspdend

That is the classic chicken and the egg problem and is not a great way to help the app get to where you'd like it to be. On the one hand you have parties who won't build or release something until ABC happens, but on the other hand, you won't use the app until those other parties build or releases something.

This is true to some extent. I do have Theatre installed on my htpc, but the WAF is not up there for her to want to use it daily - hence it won't be used daily until it can be prettied up some. More than happy to help test anyone's themes, been doing that for some time with Iridium, or offer feedback and suggestions to other people's themes, but if you want me to code something I'll need 5 years or so to turn in something useful! It does need some themes available to improve on uptake imho.

If you don't ever want to use the app then that is fine, that is one thing. but waiting instead of getting involved is not the best approach either. just look at how active the emby theater section of the community is.feedback is getting turned around into action very quickly.

Sparrowlogins

This was more of a topic for people to perhaps tease us with anything upcoming. I am using Theatre as my main program on all machines and have upgraded my parents account so not hesitating here, but thought that if/when progress is being made, screenshots and encouragement would be a good thing.

CBers

chef

How about some mockups, to see the direction the community would like to take :)

• 2 weeks later...
Nick's MCE

Hi all

Look, I think the ET is great from a functionality point of view annd am using now on all machines, the only thing is the skinning which needs some work. For me all I need is clearart and discs and I am happy and done!. I have beaten this drum before but  usually get ignored, not sure why because cleararts and discs really lift the WF.

I was using the old crystal theme  which in my opinion is the best visual experience you will get. If the themers are out there lets try and add some cleararts and discs PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.

Thanks

Nick

Hi all

Look, I think the ET is great from a functionality point of view annd am using now on all machines, the only thing is the skinning which needs some work. For me all I need is clearart and discs and I am happy and done!. I have beaten this drum before but  usually get ignored, not sure why because cleararts and discs really lift the WF.

I was using the old crystal theme  which in my opinion is the best visual experience you will get. If the themers are out there lets try and add some cleararts and discs PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.

Thanks

Nick

Feel free to suggest where to use them and we'll take a look.

Also, skinning only request knowledge of HTML & CSS. Even if that's over your head it shouldn't be too hard to find someone here to team up with. You could fork the default skin as a starting point, make your changes and present them to the community. Maybe then they get merged into the included default skin.