Error playing some Videos (ffmpeg?)

indikator

indikator

Hello,

i have a problem with i think some not all of my video files.

When i want to play them on Windows PC with Chrome 51.0.2704.54 x64 i get a "Video Error" post-4292-0-91112600-1464163630_thumb.png

If i play them on my Openelec Client in the living room they working with no problem like i would use VLC on the PC.

So far i think it has to do with some Chapter Times beeing wrong.

And google search told me i should test with -t flag on ffmpeg but same error occurs.

When i use VLC i can watch them and even scroll back an forward in the video with no problems.

For the Logfiles i stopped emby, create an empty log folder and started up again:

Server Version 3.0.5971.0

server-63599766975.txt

transcode-10749dab-5769-4d37-895f-bbed036d22b6.txt

transcode-d56c0d47-a9f6-4714-bf98-c85339fdff6c.txt

any hints how i can get them playing on webinterface?

cheers

Edited by indikator

Hi, i'm not sure what the issue is here. can you provide a sample file for testing? thanks.

Well i've tried this and I think it's an ffmpeg problem when trying to encode the file to mkv like we are for chrome. The characteristics of the video all look completely normal to me, so there's nothing I see that we can identify to alter the encoding params. In firefox we encode to mp4 and it works there, but it's going to fail right now for apps that use mkv transcoding. If i can think of something i'll update here. We might just have to see how it works with an updated ffmpeg.