Unable to start Emby on QNAP TS-453A

emistral

emistral

Hi all,

Sorry if for my first post this has been already asked but I have spent the past 2 weeks trying to figure out how to solve this problem but there are not much information on the net. I posted a thread on the qnap forum but did not get any answer. Let's hope that the dedicated emby forum will be able to solve my issues. A quick summary. About 2 months ago I switched from home built NAS to a QNAP TS-453A.

On the built in NAS I used to have mythtv as a PVR but unfortunately this is not available on QNAP yet - without too much hacking.

Therefore I needed to find a client/server solution that could read all my media but also act as a PVR. Plex is not really good at PVR but Emby looked promising.

I installed Emby that was available at the time in the QNAP app centre. It was quite an old version. It worked and as soon as the emby server was up and running I was notified of a newer version. I installed this version and this is where the problem started to appear. It was the version way before version 3.0.59.30 (this is the version for QNAP and I believe the Emby version would have been 59.30). 

Note that the first version that worked was installed from the app centre which had Emby listed. Subsequent versions of Emby where downloaded from the qnap emby community forum.

After installing the server and launching the app, I would get in the web browser "connection refused" error messages.

I tried different things but it did not work. I kept an eye on the qnsp emby community forum until eventually version 3.0.59.30 was available.

I installed it with initially the same problem. I installed also the latest version of Qmono 4.2.2.30. It did not work.

Eventually after a reboot Emby started working. Not sure why. It could have been the reboot.

I used it for a little while until new versions where released. Since then I have installed every single release from 59.30 up to today 59.71 and the problem remains. I even started via the command line the Emby server and here is what what printed out:

(...)

Error, Main, UnhandledException

*** Error Report ***

Version: 3.0.5971.0

Command line: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Emby/Emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe

Operating system: Unix 3.19.8.0

Processor count: 4

64-Bit OS: False

64-Bit Process: False

Program data path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Emby/Emby/ProgramData-Server

Mono: 4.2.2 (Stable 4.2.2.30/996df3c Sat Jan 30 14:12:49 EST 2016)

Application Path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Emby/Emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe

One or more errors occurred.

System.AggregateException

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) <0xf52aade0 + 0x004ae> in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout) <0xf52aad60 + 0x00032> in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks) <0xf52aac30 + 0x00025> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.RunApplication (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths appPaths, ILogManager logManager, MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.StartupOptions options) <0xf42226a8 + 0x0030f> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) <0xf72100c0 + 0x0017b> in <filename unknown>:0 

InnerException: System.TypeInitializationException

The type initializer for 'Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall' threw an exception.

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.Native.BaseMonoApp.GetUnixName () <0xf38e1000 + 0x0005f> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.Native.BaseMonoApp.GetEnvironmentInfo () <0xf3d18d18 + 0x00037> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.Native.BaseMonoApp.get_Environment () <0xf3b7dec8 + 0x0001f> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.Native.BaseMonoApp.GetAssembliesWithParts () <0xf3b7dde8 + 0x00057> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.ApplicationHost.GetComposablePartAssemblies () <0xf3b7d6c0 + 0x00249> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1[TApplicationPathsType].DiscoverTypes () <0xf3b7d318 + 0x0006d> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1+<Init>d__4[TApplicationPathsType].MoveNext () <0xf3d8b320 + 0x00443> in <filename unknown>:0 

InnerException: System.DllNotFoundException

/opt/Qmono/lib/libMonoPosixHelper.so

at (wrapper managed-to-native) Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall:_L_ctermid ()

at Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall..cctor () <0xf38e1250 + 0x000ab> in <filename unknown>:0 

UnhandledException

One or more errors occurred.

System.AggregateException

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) <0xf52aade0 + 0x004ae> in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout) <0xf52aad60 + 0x00032> in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks) <0xf52aac30 + 0x00025> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.RunApplication (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths appPaths, ILogManager logManager, MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.StartupOptions options) <0xf42226a8 + 0x0030f> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) <0xf72100c0 + 0x0017b> in <filename unknown>:0 

InnerException: System.TypeInitializationException

The type initializer for 'Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall' threw an exception.

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.Native.BaseMonoApp.GetUnixName () <0xf38e1000 + 0x0005f> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.Native.BaseMonoApp.GetEnvironmentInfo () <0xf3d18d18 + 0x00037> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.Native.BaseMonoApp.get_Environment () <0xf3b7dec8 + 0x0001f> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.Native.BaseMonoApp.GetAssembliesWithParts () <0xf3b7dde8 + 0x00057> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.ApplicationHost.GetComposablePartAssemblies () <0xf3b7d6c0 + 0x00249> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1[TApplicationPathsType].DiscoverTypes () <0xf3b7d318 + 0x0006d> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1+<Init>d__4[TApplicationPathsType].MoveNext () <0xf3d8b320 + 0x00443> in <filename unknown>:0 

InnerException: System.DllNotFoundException

/opt/Qmono/lib/libMonoPosixHelper.so

at (wrapper managed-to-native) Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall:_L_ctermid ()

at Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall..cctor () <0xf38e1250 + 0x000ab> in <filename unknown>:

I tried the net but unfortunately no success so I am hoping someone here on this forum has an answer. I would really like to use Emby to replace currently Plex but if I can not even start the server then this won't happen.

I am currently downloading previous versions of QMono just to make sure but I would be surprised if this was going to fix the issue since version 59.30 suddenly worked with the latest QMono.

Thanks and sorry for the long email.

Hi, the issue is that libMonoPosixHelper is missing from the mono installation. You might want to report this in the qnap forum.

emistral

Hi, the issue is that libMonoPosixHelper is missing from the mono installation. You might want to report this in the qnap forum.

ok but why did it work on 59.30 and the latest mono at one stage? any chance to have it work by downgrading qmono?

It's hard to say unfortunately. If it were a widespread issue there would be a lot qnap users reporting it.

emistral

Seems like a shutdown and reboot of the nas did the trick. Emby version 59.71 is now running.Thanks