Version 3.0.5971.0 broke Seasons

Zodler

Zodler

My server updated to Version 3.0.5971.0. Windows 10.

This broke something. Now when you add new episodes of TV shows, they are scanned and recognized and added to the front page on web interface

but if you go to the TV Shows page of that series on web interface, you don't see the Seasons. So you can't click on any seasons to go inside it.

This happens only to episodes added after this update and when the series was empty before update.

It happens both on the Web Interface and iOS app.

1- So to test, have an empty show. Make sure you have server Version 3.0.5971.0.

2- Add a new episode and wait for it to be added.

3- Now navigate to that show page either on the web interface or iOS app.

There you will not see anything under Seasons.

Edited by Zodler

Michael K

Hi,

I too am having problems with the newer server versions starting with 3.0.5970, everything worked great before then.

Movies are still okay.

TV Shows however no longer display episodes within seasons, the seasons are recognized in metadata manager however the episodes are not, this effects all shows, existing and new.

Thank you.

Michael K

Hi Luke,

Please find my log attached.  Would like to know why Season folders are present but episodes no longer show up.

Thank you.

Log.txt

Hi Luke,

Please find my log attached.  Would like to know why Season folders are present but episodes no longer show up.

Thank you.

can you discuss an example, including going over the folder structure? thanks.

Michael K

Hi Luke,

Screenshot of typical folder structure attached, I add the folder 'A' to the media library and all the shows/seasons/episodes inside would display properly before most recent server releases. 

Now the shows/season shows up in the metadata manager but episodes are not present.

2nd screenshot shows naming convention inside a typical folder.

Thank you.

post-135713-0-44833900-1464055819_thumb.png

post-135713-0-73442500-1464056089_thumb.png

post-135713-0-63853600-1464056092_thumb.png

if you pick a series and refresh it from the detail screen, does that resolve it for that series?

Michael K

Tried to refresh the series, originally all the 'arrow' appear to the left of each season, however when I click on each season 'arrow' only two episodes showed up (untitled 3).

If I then refresh the browser and look again, they were gone, however another single episode showed up in a different season.

I use to get everything before.

One interesting thing I did observe for another series is that if a season is labelled 'specials', all episodes properly display while the normal seasons do not (untitled 4).

post-135713-0-04340100-1464056972_thumb.png

post-135713-0-16471600-1464057315_thumb.png

coolspot

I recently had to go to the Users/Access area of Emby and Check the boxes for what libraries I wanted that user to have again.  Not sure when this reset as I hadn't used it for a week or two.  This may or may not be related

Edited by coolspot

I recently had to go to the Users/Access area of Emby and Check the boxes for what libraries I wanted that user to have again.  Not sure when this reset as I hadn't used it for a week or two.  This may or may not be related

That's only for beta users, not related to stable. 

Michael K

Tried re-adding and refreshing and still no luck.  

What's interesting though, is using the Android app, if I choose the episodes menu, I see all the episodes, however I cannot play them.  If I try navigating through the shows menu, the seasons are empty with the exception of the "Season - Specials" folder.

Let me know if there is any more information I can provide.

Thanks.

what are your metadata settings with the server? are they all default?

Michael K

I have unchecked the first three options.

1. Download from internet

2. Save artwork and metadata into media folders

2. Download all images in advance.

The metadata I want to use is already in the folders.

Otherwise everything else is default.

Thanks.

Check an affected series in the metadata manager. do the seasons have season numbers? do the episodes have episode and season numbers? thanks.

Michael K

Yes, in the metadata manager the seasons have season numbers, only a few of the episodes were recognized when I did a refresh and they only show episode number, I elaborated in Post #10.

It's odd that Season - Special will show all the episodes whereas a typical numbered season does not.  I appreciate your help trying to troubleshoot this.

Michael K

In the folder structure (please refer to post #8) each episode has a season number and episode number.

Everything worked fine in the past, first started using software when it was Media Browser v2, worked fine with v3/Emby, only stopped working with recent server release.

You have not displayed a screenshot of an episode in the metadata manager. can you please perform the tests that i'm asking? thanks.

Michael K

Unfortunately the episodes do not show up in metadata manager, that is the problem I am having.

Although metadata manager recognizes the seasosn of a series, it will not display the episodes when I click on the drop down arrow symbol, it disappears and nothing shows up except for 'season - special' 

If I add my folder to library as a home movie type the episodes in a season will show up, but I don't get the metadata. 

check one of your metadata files for one that isn't showing up. does it have the season number and episode number in the metadata file?

Happy2Play

Unfortunately the episodes do not show up in metadata manager, that is the problem I am having.

Although metadata manager recognizes the seasosn of a series, it will not display the episodes when I click on the drop down arrow symbol, it disappears and nothing shows up except for 'season - special' 

If I add my folder to library as a home movie type the episodes in a season will show up, but I don't get the metadata. 

I see your Season-Specials folder does not contain a season number "0".  Does adding the "0" to season number for Specials make a difference?