Editing DNLA Profiles

crystalgipsy

crystalgipsy

Hi I am having trouble editing a custom DNLA profile. I am trying to modify the Playstation 4 DNLA profile so it will trancode DTS audio to ac3 so it will play. I have copied the system default to the user directory and checked the permissions and it has full read/write access. It shows up in my custom Profiles but whenever I edit it via the server gui its not saving it my profile. Any ideas? Do I have to completely start a profile from scratch?

Hi, this is resolved in the upcoming server release.

But looking at the ps4 profile, it should already be transcoding dts so i don't think any changes are needed there.

Thanks.

crystalgipsy

The profile does not transcode DTS it says audio format not supported. Also the transcode settings seem to be to convert to aac and not ac3. All ac3 material is ok.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

then it must not be using the right profile because that's not what's in the ps4 profile at all.

crystalgipsy

Not sure I fully understand the logic of the profiles. But the PS4 setting on my server

mentions nothing about dca in codecs and does not have ac3 as a format to transcode to in transcodes. Looking at the logs its attempting to transcode the audio to mp3.

Also the latest release DNLA not working properly at all on any device can't see any media.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Here is the ps4 profile:

<DirectPlayProfiles>
    <DirectPlayProfile container="avi" audioCodec="mp2,mp3" videoCodec="mpeg4" type="Video" />
    <DirectPlayProfile container="ts" audioCodec="ac3,mp2,mp3,aac" videoCodec="mpeg1video,mpeg2video,h264" type="Video" />
    <DirectPlayProfile container="mpeg" audioCodec="mp2" videoCodec="mpeg1video,mpeg2video" type="Video" />
    <DirectPlayProfile container="mp4,mkv" audioCodec="aac,ac3" videoCodec="h264,mpeg4" type="Video" />
    <DirectPlayProfile container="aac,mp3,wav" type="Audio" />
    <DirectPlayProfile container="jpeg,png,gif,bmp,tiff" type="Photo" />
  </DirectPlayProfiles>
  <TranscodingProfiles>
    <TranscodingProfile container="mp3" type="Audio" audioCodec="mp3" estimateContentLength="false" enableMpegtsM2TsMode="false" transcodeSeekInfo="Auto" copyTimestamps="false" context="Streaming" forceLiveStream="false" />
    <TranscodingProfile container="ts" type="Video" videoCodec="h264" audioCodec="mp3" estimateContentLength="false" enableMpegtsM2TsMode="false" transcodeSeekInfo="Auto" copyTimestamps="false" context="Streaming" forceLiveStream="false" />
    <TranscodingProfile container="jpeg" type="Photo" estimateContentLength="false" enableMpegtsM2TsMode="false" transcodeSeekInfo="Auto" copyTimestamps="false" context="Streaming" forceLiveStream="false" />
  </TranscodingProfiles>

Notice in direct play profiles, dca does not appear, which means we consider that as unsupported.

Then look at the video transcoding profile - that says, if video transcoding is needed, use h264 with mp3. That mp3 could be changed if it is needed, but i know we've verified that to be working in the past.

crystalgipsy

Update to the latest release today seems to have sorted out DNLA in general and fixes the PS4 Profile. I changed it to transcode to ac3 rather than mp3 and it seem to work ok. Some of my content also seems to be transcoding video and not sure why so will have to play around a bit more.