Emby for WMC sort latest episode sort order

Ice

I have been having problems with the beta releases after the last official Emby server update, so I reverted back to the previous official release, the new official update now has the same problem so I thought I should mention it.

The problem is that Emby for WMC seems to be  looking at the folder creation date instead of the file creation date (inside the folder) when sorting the latest releases

I see my post has been moved, personally I think it is a fault in the Emby Sever application not the WMC add-on as it was working fine until the Server software was updated

Happy2Play

Does it appear the same in the web client?  Can you provide a specific example (screenshots)?

Exactly where?

In TV Shows, example: (AUD dates)

Folder A creation date is the 01/12/15 latest file in Folder A is the 02/12/15

Foder B creation date is the 29/11/15  latest file in Folder B is the 05/12/15

When the WMC client sorts by date it will put Folder A above Folder B even though Folder B has a newer file inside it

The older stable release didn't do this it would always put Folder B before Folder A when sorting by dates

Okay, you are correct.  It is a server issue and should be corrected shortly.

In the meantime, a library scan may fix it...

tried that already and it didn't work...:/

thanks

Edited by Ice

Is there somewhere I can download earlier official release versions from, I want to go back at least two versions, I seem to be getting more bugs than fixes. If I can go back at least two versions most things that I use were working ok, I will then turn off auto updates.

thanks

try refreshing an individual series and see if that puts that particular series into the right place.

I would stay on the latest version of the server. we can resolve your sort order issue in wmc. 

try refreshing an individual series and see if that puts that particular series into the right place.

just tried this no change

still there in 985

try running the clean database scheduled task. then when that completes, repeat the refresh test. thanks.

I would stay on the latest version of the server. we can resolve your sort order issue in wmc. 

It is not just this, I have also noticed since the last release neither the WMC client or the web browser based client can see some files at all in some folders. If these files are in the resume list I can still play them but going into their actual series folders I can see the season folders but not what is in them.

It probably did work, except that you would need to refresh them all to really see it. Sorry, but this is happening because i changed the way it is stored in the databases. It will resolve itself over time automatically but it can be force refreshed by refreshing from detail screens.

It probably did work, except that you would need to refresh them all to really see it. Sorry, but this is happening because i changed the way it is stored in the databases. It will resolve itself over time automatically but it can be force refreshed by refreshing from detail screens.

Ok giving that a go, also trying a metadata refresh for my other problem

Ok sort order is slowly correcting it self, but my other problem still exists, any suggestions?

check your seasons in the metadata manager. do they have season numbers? do your episodes have season and episode numbers?

check your seasons in the metadata manager. do they have season numbers? do your episodes have season and episode numbers?

It is the MotoGP races, (other programs have seemed to have fixed themselves)  I record them off the free to air broadcast and convert them to MP4. I manually add them to the server in a directory MotoGP/2016 for this year MotoGP/2015 for last year etc. No they don't have season folders but year folders, the older server version would append 16 to the front of the name of the file in 2016 but otherwise it would work just fine and all the files would show up, now they don't, I will try adding 16x01..... 16x02 to the file names to see what happens

the issue is they're not showing? if yes then try the latest beta and see if that brings them back. thanks.

the issue is they're not showing? if yes then try the latest beta and see if that brings them back. thanks.

Correct they weren't showing up at all in either the web client or MCE client, I had to remove the files and put them back in after updating to 989 then do a library scan but now they are back and with a bonus no 16 on the front of the names, thanks for that :D

Edited by Ice

Correct they weren't showing up at all in either the web client or MCE client, I had to remove the files and put them back in after updating to 989 then do a library scan but now they are back and with a bonus no 16 on the front of the names, thanks for that :D

Emm I spoke too soon, they are not showing up again, they were there after the update but now they are gone again :/