Channel icons?

perx

I recently switched from using ceton/serverwmc to using hdhr/livetv/schedules direct, and I don't get channel logos anymore. I thought I saw that those are part of the schedules direct service? Is there anything I need to do to enable that?

• Like 1

yes they are and as long as schedules direct has logos for your stations then you'll get them.

jasonmcroy

I would like to bring up that I have been seeing the same thing for the past few months. I didn't bring it up then because I added my own channel icons. However, my channel icons don't look as nice as the ones that used to be downloaded so I decided yesterday to delete mine and see if it's working again.

I have restarted the computer, set up the Live TV section again and still get no icons downloaded. I am using a Prime unit with about 80 channels. I am not sure if it's something on the server side of Schedule's Direct side. 

jasonmcroy

Here is a log from my last EPG scan. Not sure if it will tell you anything (whether SD isn't sending the icons or Emby just isn't picking them up), but they are not showing up on the guide.

server-63599110012.txt

jasonmcroy

I just updated the Beta server to Version 3.0.5979.0. I can confirm that for me the channel icons now populate when I refreshed my guide.

I did the same, upgraded to the beta and refreshed guide data and the channel logos appear.  Thanks!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Kramerika

I'm not sure if this is related or not, but I didn't want to start a new topic if it was.  I just reinstalled my server this weekend, and I have custom channel icons that I use.  I have set all of the custom channel icons twice now, made sure that they stuck there when I refreshed the guide, only to come back later and find that all but one of them have reverted to the standard icons that show up automatically.  I am on the stable server version.  Any idea what I am doing wrong and what I can do to make them stay permanently?

Edited by Kramerika

Kramerika

I just tried again.  I set all the custom icons for each channel.  I checked the guide and channels, and the icons showed up.  As soon as the guide gets refreshed in the dashboard, all of the icons get replaced.  How do I get them to save permanently?

there's only one place that i found that might cause them to get overwritten and i've removed that for the next release of the server.

Kramerika

there's only one place that i found that might cause them to get overwritten and i've removed that for the next release of the server.

Ok, thanks!  When I see the server updated, I'll try again and let you know.

I downloaded icons from this site.  They are for the Harmony remotes, but they work well with Emby too to unify the looks of the icons for the channels.  If an icon is missing for the set you choose, you can contact the administrator, and he will add one for it.

http://www.iconharmony.com/icons/home

How do I add my own logos, where do they go?

just use the web interface to pull up your channel list, then you can edit the images for a channel and upload one right there.

jwc_007

I just updated the Beta server to Version 3.0.5979.0. I can confirm that for me the channel icons now populate when I refreshed my guide.

How might one go about obtaining the Beta server Version 3.0.5979.0 ?

Cheers

jasonmcroy

How might one go about obtaining the Beta server Version 3.0.5979.0 ?

Cheers

I am not sure that you can obtain older versions of a Beta, but if you update to the latest Beta it would include the fixes that were in the earlier Beta. I am on the later Beta and channel icons still populate fine for me.

• 4 weeks later...
Kramerika

I just tried again.  I set all the custom icons for each channel.  I checked the guide and channels, and the icons showed up.  As soon as the guide gets refreshed in the dashboard, all of the icons get replaced.  How do I get them to save permanently?

The new stable server release has fixed this issue.  However, it's not completely resolved.  All of my custom icons show up in the web browser and on my Nexus 7 Android tablet and do not get replaced.  However, there are two channels that are completely missing icons on my Amazon Fire TV and Shield TV.  I tried deleting and uploading them again and also tried deleting them and restoring the default icons, but neither would show anything on the Amazon Fire TV or Shield TV even though they show up perfectly fine the web browser and on my Android tablet in either case.

• 2 weeks later...
Kramerika

Is there another way to reset the icons for me to start over and try again?  If I delete them individually and upload them again, these same two icons never show up on the Android/Amazon FIre TV app.  I am at a loss as to how to get them to show up.

kmanus

Just switched from using NextPVR to the built in Emby Live TV implementation.  I'm not getting Channel logos or names either.

Just switched from using NextPVR to the built in Emby Live TV implementation.  I'm not getting Channel logos or names either.

Sometimes Schedules Direct does not have logos for your channels. Or, if using xml tv, then the logos are expected to be part of the xml tv data that you're supplying.

Kramerika

Any idea how to resolve my issue for two channel icons out of 20 that only show up in the web browser and Android mobile app but not on the Nvidia Shield TV or Amazon Fire TV?

Edited by Kramerika

Any idea how to resolve my issue for two channel icons out of 20 that only show up in the web browser and Android mobile app but not on the Nvidia Shield TV or Amazon Fire TV?

Can you show us those specific icons?

Are you sure they aren't just hard to see on those platforms...?

Kramerika

No, they are gone, not there, not visible at all.  They are exactly the same format as the other icons, colors and all, just a different logo in the middle of the square background.  I will come back later with the icons and pictures.