Missing like and dislike button in 'now playing' screen

Hopsakee

Hopsakee

I installed Emby for Android on my new phone (Fairphone 2). But for some reason I only see the 'love' button in the 'now playing' screen for music.

I expect a dislike, like and love button. Like on my other devices.

Does anyone know how I can get my like and dislike buttons?

Well truthfully the like and dislike data wasn't being utilized all that much. We have decided to just focus on favorites

I always thought it would be a nice addition to music players to include a dislike button or keep track of skips so that you could go back and have the ability to remove those songs you have grown to dislike over time. But ive never been able to find one that I can easily do that with other than mediamonkey but MM has no streaming option so the only time I usually listen to music is in my car is useless.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
MSattler

Well truthfully the like and dislike data wasn't being utilized all that much. We have decided to just focus on favorites

/facepalm

• 7 years later...

I am late to the party, only using emby for about a year now. Dislike mostly is relevant for me in context of music, especially to keep track of and help in creating playlists, where I would want to include all tracks of an artist/a genre, except those that specifically were marked disliked.

The favourites functionality is generally very good, and it integrates with plugins well, e.g. last.fm plugin will propagate favourites to last.fm as loved, which is great.

I would still prefer a dislike functionality in addition to like/favourites, to help me organize some specific playlists based on favourites/likes. Without the information about dislikes, unliked and disliked songs just look the same in emby, and I'd still have to use convoluted workarounds with "dislike playlists", or additionally use external systems, that somehow integrate with emby.

Does anybody currently use any kind of plugin or other solution to keep track of their dislikes in emby?

• Thanks 1