Throgsoft Themes for WMC

throgmorton

throgmorton

I'm looking into the possibility of switching my themes over to the new Emby Theatre platform, however I'm also looking to get them first running on Emby for WMC as its the platform I still use and I don't think its too much effort.  In fact from what I can tell my old DLLs still work without any change.  The one thing that crashes that I can find is when you select an actor which I can easily comment out to prevent crashing.  But was there any other issues of actually crashing or not working properly?  I'm not talking about features lacking which obviously being gone for 2 years they haven't seen any support for new features and I'm unsure whether I will implement them.  But I just want to get them working in terms of what already exists under MB 2.6.   So any crashing/issues please let me know what they were so I can look at them.

• Like 11

Lee

Blimey, this will please a few people!

Sent from my X5pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

this is nice news for the remaining oldouts (me included) still using WMC w Emby while the new Theater clients gets a bit more user friendly/options/themes/etc

thanks Throg.. good to see you sticking around!

rms8

HOLY CRAP!

I can't frig'n wait!!! :)

It's been so long I can't even remember which of your themes I used all the time with MB!!!  I got all of them (i think) way back when.  This is GREAT news for those of us who still prefer the configurability of Emby Classic + WMC.

Do you have any idea of when your themes for Emby Classic might be ready for download?  :D

• Like 1

throgmorton

HOLY CRAP!

I can't frig'n wait!!! :)

It's been so long I can't even remember which of your themes I used all the time with MB!!! I got all of them (i think) way back when. This is GREAT news for those of us who still prefer the configurability of Emby Classic + WMC.

Do you have any idea of when your themes for Emby Classic might be ready for download? :D

The old Dll's already work from my tests. I just want to resolve the crash around actors. It looks like Emby core supports actor bios which I had to implement on my own as MB did not. Assuming I'm right and its now part of core, once I understand how to pull this info I can quickly patch them and easily repost all the binaries. If it's not part of core I will just need to understand how to reimplement my solution in the new environment. So hopefully it will not be too long.

• Like 2

AdrianW

The old Dll's already work from my tests. I just want to resolve the crash around actors. It looks like Emby core supports actor bios which I had to implement on my own as MB did not. Assuming I'm right and its now part of core, once I understand how to pull this info I can quickly patch them and easily repost all the binaries. If it's not part of core I will just need to understand how to reimplement my solution in the new environment. So hopefully it will not be too long.

Actor bios are definitely part of the core now.

soundsnake8

throgmorton

I was a supporter and purchased the following themes

Vanilla Reg Key: b7c0b****************************
Harmony Reg Key: 505ab*************************
Centrality Reg Key: dac481***********************
Maelstrom Reg Key: 2cfc5f************************
Destiny Reg Key: dd6d3***************************
Imperium Reg Key: 3cfa1**************************
Ascendancy 3e8d4542*****************************

but no longer have the DLLs does anyone possibly have a link, this is extremely encouraging I am sure that I am not the only one that is excited. I will check back often for updates.

Thanks a Million

soundsnake8

• Like 1

rms8

I found my old emails : Tuesday, September 13, 2011

For Vanilla and Maelstrom plus the "Throgsoft Power Bundle".  Don't remember what that (bundle) consisted of tho.  I believe Maelstrom was my fav of any theme ever offered for MB.

SOOOO looking forward to this.  Won't mind at all if one has to re-purchase to get them on Emby. :)

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

i too bought them all and im happy they are possibly coming back... and also excited that Throg is going to start to look ahead at Theater as well.. it really needs good skin/theme options

• Like 1

throgmorton

Just to let you guys know I'm currently flight testing over seas so I don't have access to my media storage, so all I have with me is a few dummy directories setup on my laptop for testing purposes. So my current plan is:

1. Update the DLLs to at least get them working properly under Emby for WMC (that much I should be able to test remotely with the dummy structure setup on my laptop)
  2. Understand how current Emby licensing works as all my themes were using the old MB supporter key to authenticate and keep track of trial periods, etc... and then update.
  3. Understand how to add the DLLs to the web service to allow you guys to download them. 
  4. Determine what new features exist that have the possibility to be integrated under Emby for WMC.
  5. Understand how to program in the new language for Emby Theatre.
  6. Develop the same exact themes for Emby Theatre as exist for Emby for WMC

At least that's the road map I have for myself... In terms of time line I expect the first three items can be done in the next week or two.  The fourth item I may need your guys assistance as I'm not sure what all the new features are and what are compatible (just post the feature and I will make a list).  However depending on what the feature is, it may have to wait until I return home so I can do some proper testing to implement it as I only have dummy structures and files here (no real media).  I expect to be home around mid-June, assuming all goes well with the flight test, and I should be able to start implementing them in that time frame so expect them to be rolling out beginning of July.  In the meantime I will be looking at the sample code Luke has posted to try and understand how to code for Emby Theatre.  I do have experience in HTML/CSS/JS which is more than I had in MCML when I first started with WMC so hopefully the learning curve won't be as steep. So I expect to maybe have some betas out there in the fall time frame.

Anyways my vision for how all this plays out is first the Emby licensing structure works in a similar fashion to MB (themes associated to an account/key). My hope is that even though the plugins will be different, between that platforms I can still associate them. So for instance if you purchased a license for Vanilla under Emby for WMC it will be valid for Emby Theatre.  I'm unsure how many people are still running under the old MB, as I know I have been and been perfectly satisfied with it.  But hopefully once the plugin for Emby for WMC are up and working just as they were in MB, the last remaining hold outs (myself included) will actually migrate over to Emby for WMC.  Next once Emby Theatre plugins are just like the plugins Emby for WMC another migration to this will occur as well.   The reason being is that WMC is being slowly phased out, and I'm unsure if certain features down the road will even be compatible with Emby for WMC and I will need to cease adding additional features to it and concentrate solely on Emby Theatre.  Although I still expect the themes to continue to work as is with Emby for WMC, like that have been for MB (at least that's been my experience).

• Like 6

Throg.  The registration system is largely the same.  You just check for a particular "feature" and the system tells you if it is registered or in trial with an expiration date.  The trial starts on the first check for a particular server.

So, if you use the same feature codes for both EMC and Theater, then the registrations will be shared.

• Like 2

throgmorton

So just a quick status update,  I've managed to complete the first item of my plan as all my themes seem functional under Emby for WMC.  I even believe the second item looks to be working from the limited testing I've done, but when Ebr gets back I will flush it out just to make sure.  So I don't expect any issues meeting the first part of my timeline as I expect the themes can be released sometime next week.

• Like 3

One2Go

Holy Mother Mary of Jesus. Just checked in after months and see if Throg has surfaced. Houston, we got a solution :)

I love Throg's themes to the degree of having held off upgrading from MB 2.6 the eye candy is just too alluring. Now this is the first step for me to consider upgrading. Just got a new QNAP 253 pro NAS that hopefully can be used as a server and if I remember both MB 2.6 can coexists with emby client on the same machine.

The summer just got a bit more expensive possible purchase of a NUC and less time for the garden and more time for the Home Theater :P

Throg all the best in your endeavors and I am a firm believer in rewarding entrepreneurs for their innovation and hard work.

throgmorton

If you guys can point me to any features you would like to see added it would greatly help. I know @@MrWebsmith pointed me to one (after a movie ends show like movies). With my limited setup I don't have any playback right now so it just freezes the player an errors out. This type of feature may have to wait till I get back home in a month or so.

So far what I have done is add the critic rating (rotten tomatoes score) to all my themes as it was something simple I can easily do with my current setup.

So what else is new over the last couple of years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

throgmorton

the similar titles feature would probably be another nice one.

Is this something that should done through the context menu? Is there a theme that I can install that does this so I can see what the user is expecting?

Also I noticed there is something called chapters. Is this something I would require a real video file? Or is it something pulled from core that is dependent on the title?

AdrianW

Is this something that should done through the context menu? Is there a theme that I can install that does this so I can see what the user is expecting?

Also I noticed there is something called chapters. Is this something I would require a real video file? Or is it something pulled from core that is dependent on the title?

I don't know the ins & outs - but the chapters are extracted and stored on the server with thumbs, timecodes and names, so I'm sure there's some interface to retrieve a list of chapters.

throgmorton

I don't know the ins & outs - but the chapters are extracted and stored on the server with thumbs, timecodes and names, so I'm sure there's some interface to retrieve a list of chapters.

Yeah that's what I haven't looked into... If the chapter screen grabs are taken from the file on your system, or if they are part of let's say TMDb's repository where some user has uploaded various screens at different times. Cause if they use grabs from file, it will have to wait until I have access to my movies back home.

Vidman

Emby server has a service/task that extracts chapter images from the video file

Edited by Vidman

rms8

It's been so long I don't remember if you themes already did this or not but....

Display the "End Time" on the menus of the movie you have highlighted/selected.  I think some of your themes may have had this and some may have not?????  Maelstrom may not have had it????

throgmorton

It's been so long I don't remember if you themes already did this or not but....

Display the "End Time" on the menus of the movie you have highlighted/selected. I think some of your themes may have had this and some may have not????? Maelstrom may not have had it????

Ohhhhh End Time... I seem to remember having many debates about end time. I was always in the camp about its simple math to determine when a show would end, and didn't want to have the additional info shown as it would make things a little more cluttered. So I don't believe any of my themes actually have the feature enabled. It wouldn't be too hard to implement although I haven't changed my opinion on it either, so if it were to be done it would have to be an option (default off).

One2Go

I enjoyed two features that were specific to Destiny the one that rules them all. One still works which is the upcoming TV episodes, the other no longer works and that is movies that have been released, those about to be released and DVD/Blurays available. It had a star rating from rottentomatoes as well as the ability to play trailers and critics comments. In addition I really enjoyed being able to click on an actor or director and see what other content I have for them and also what other content is available for them. Often I group them.

I have all your themes but will list in a future post my preferences and what I am using them for.

All the best and have a safe return home.

throgmorton

I enjoyed two features that were specific to Destiny the one that rules them all. One still works which is the upcoming TV episodes, the other no longer works and that is movies that have been released, those about to be released and DVD/Blurays available. It had a star rating from rottentomatoes as well as the ability to play trailers and critics comments. In addition I really enjoyed being able to click on an actor or director and see what other content I have for them and also what other content is available for them. Often I group them.

Destiny and all themes should work exactly how they functioned before. Upcoming TV and the Rotten Tomatoes plugins I haven't looked at. It appear Emby already has a rotten tomatoes app I'm not sure about Upcoming TV so I will see what they offer before making a decision on them.