Disallow certain browsers / notices

MSattler

MSattler

As my family members are not as technical as I am, they do not all flock to one particular browser.  From what I see, Chrome, IE, Edge, Firefox, Safari, Opera are not all created equal when it comes to Emby.  Would it make sense to keep browsers with known issues from being able to play back content?  If we know for sure Chrome, Edge, and Firefox have no issues, then using other clients should have a popup saying playback is only supported in those three?

Well there are lots of third party browsers that are using the chromium and firefox engines so those are fine too. it's really only IE on windows 7 that is the main problem.

• Like 1

MSattler

Well there are lots of third party browsers that are using the chromium and firefox engines so those are fine too. it's really only IE on windows 7 that is the main problem.

So Safari on OSx should not be an issue?

No one should be using IE anymore anyway

And that is why they get daily messages in Emby about switching browsers. I'm also comfortable taking away entire features from the browsing side of the web client if it's going to be a problem. The important thing is that they can do the basics like open the server dashboard, setup a library, etc.

• Like 1

MSattler

And that is why they get daily messages in Emby about switching browsers. I'm also comfortable taking away entire features from the browsing side of the web client if it's going to be a problem. The important thing is that they can do the basics like open the server dashboard, setup a library, etc.

I would donate extra to have the ability to select what browser/clients I want to allow to connect. Hell make it a config file only change or something hidden.