Docker - A New version of Emby Server is available

Pancho

Pancho

Emby Server Version -  Version 3.0.5931 (running under Unraid 6.1.9)

Docker template used - https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/emby/embyserver/

For the past week and half I have been seeing the notice:

A new version of Emby Server is available!

First it was version, Version 3.0.5932, then 5933, and now version 5934.   However, I when I 'check for updates', I never see the new version update available.   I was unsure if it is still being held for Docker or there is an issue with the updates being deployed to Docker?

Thanks.

Pancho

Edited by Pancho

gstuartj

The Docker releases have been lagging sometimes in the last couple months. I don't think the build process is fully automated yet, and hurricanehernandez probably has limited time for it. I ended up spinning up a VM and using the packages instead.

I like that they have an official Docker image, and hope the process gets a hit more streamlined.

gstuartj

Also bear in mind that, AFAIK, you still don't update Emby from within the Emby container itself. It will download updates on a restart of emby-server on the host, or if you 'docker pull' the container.

Edited by gstuartj

Pancho

Thanks for the info gstuartj.     Hopefully hurricanehernandez will update the docker soon.

hurricanehrndz

The Docker releases have been lagging sometimes in the last couple months. I don't think the build process is fully automated yet, and hurricanehernandez probably has limited time for it. I ended up spinning up a VM and using the packages instead.

I like that they have an official Docker image, and hope the process gets a hit more streamlined.

It was fully automated, the rss feeds that I was monitoring to trigger builds were taken down. I need to bring new ones up. Hopefully by the end of today. 

You can always update via command line: docker exec EmbyServer update

hurricanehrndz

New builds were trigger, new rss feeds have been created and automated release on new packages is back on.