Something Weird is Going On...

theniteow1

theniteow1

So my FireTV/Emby/SeverWMC has been working flawlessly for several months now.  Now, all of the sudden I've been running into some weird issues.  One of the issues, is that I noticed all of the sudden my guide logos aren't showing up anymore.  This doesn't matter if it's on FireTV, a web browser, etc. This isn't super critical, but it's annoying. 

Also now I'm noticing I can't direct play with VLC Live TV on one of my FireTVs.  If I try to direct play it, it acts like it is going to, then I can just get spinning icon.  If I choose not to use VLC, it Transcodes, and plays just fine!  However, I have another FireTV in the living room, exact same model, software, etc, and do not encounter this issue.  Everything works as it should.

I fail to understand what the difference would be.  Does anybody have any ideas of things I can try to rectify this?  I've tried rebooting, restarting ServerWMC, reloading the guide, redownload the channels.. nothing I've tried has worked.

theniteow1

@@ebr That's the thing, the settings are identical in Emby.  Are you referring to something else I may not be looking at?  Also, the screen shot above is from a Chrome Webbrowser.  The icons are not showing up across the board, except in Windows Media Center itself.

I thought we were talking about playback between two fire TVs...

theniteow1

@@ebr

Well two different things:

1.  No direct playback of Live TV on one FireTV. (Even though the setup is identical on both)

2.  No logos showing up in the guide on everything, except if I look at it on Windows Media Center.

Okay, #2 has nothing to do with the Fire or this app so please research that elsewhere.  Sounds like maybe something to investigate with the Live TV data.

For the one that is related to the app, again, you'll need to look at what is different.  Is one wired and the other wireless?  Every single option is identical?  The same users are logged in?

theniteow1

Okay, #2 has nothing to do with the Fire or this app so please research that elsewhere.  Sounds like maybe something to investigate with the Live TV data.

For the one that is related to the app, again, you'll need to look at what is different.  Is one wired and the other wireless?  Every single option is identical?  The same users are logged in?

@@ebr The only reason I mentioned the logos is it seemed to tie in with the 2nd FireTV not working.  Yes, everything is identical, they are both hardwired Gigabit networks.  Same model (2015).  Same user.  I wouldn't come to the formus if I wasn't completely stumped, that's why I say it's "weird."  To get around the issue I have just been transcoding on the 2nd TV, (BTW which is hell of a lot faster on the new version of Emby, thank you!).

Edited by theniteow1

Are both of the devices bitrates set to "Auto"?

If so, there could be a difference in the network bandwidth being detected on the two different connections.  That's the only thing I can think of.

theniteow1

Are both of the devices bitrates set to "Auto"?

If so, there could be a difference in the network bandwidth being detected on the two different connections.  That's the only thing I can think of.

Yes, I believe it is set to Auto.  I'll play with that setting when I get home.

theniteow1
@@ebr So I tried the Auto setting, and it didn't affect anything.  It just made the TV transcode depending on what bandwidth I choose, or not play it all.  Interesting enough I was looking at the Emby dashboard and this is what I noticed:

1.1.49a - Direct Play works

1.1.76a - Direct Play doesn't work

I'm not sure how I was able to get 1.1.76a on the other FireTV, but this is the only difference between the two.

Edited by theniteow1

Doesn't the little a denote the android TV version of the app?

No.  Amazon.

The beta should be released in the next couple of days and we can see if it helps you.

theniteow1

The beta should be released in the next couple of days and we can see if it helps you.

@@ebr Excellent, thank you.  FYI, I just bought another FireTV for another room in the house, so it will be interesting to see what the new one does as well.

theniteow1

@@ebr Hooked up new the new FireTV and the same thing.  I verified it was version 1.1.76a and it's not able to Direct Play Live TV.  It looks like this is broken in this version somehow.  The one that is still on the on the older version is happy as a clam, and has no issues.

I don't think it is broken.  I just think the player in that version is not able to direct play your Live TV streams.

theniteow1

I don't think it is broken.  I just think the player in that version is not able to direct play your Live TV stream

You mean VLC has an issue with the streams?

theniteow1

@@ebr Do you have an ETA on the release?  If it's too long, I would really like to be part of the BETA, if that's possible.  Thanks!

@@ebr Do you have an ETA on the release?  If it's too long, I would really like to be part of the BETA, if that's possible.  Thanks!

It is in Amazon review now.

theniteow1

It is in Amazon review now.

Excellent, thank you @@ebr!  I'll test it when I get home, and send you a message for the beta program.

theniteow1

Excellent, thank you @@ebr!  I'll test it when I get home, and send you a message for the beta program.

@@ebr sad to report the new version still didn't fix the issue.  When trying to Direct Play still get the spinning icon, on any new version of this app.  However, the older version still keeps trucking with Direct Play.  Really need this working, is there anyway to "downgrade" to the old client while we figure this out?

theniteow1

@@ebr I've reinstalled ServerWMC and Emby Server from scratch to resolve this issue.  I'm pretty confident it's the version I am on.  The one that is 1.1.49a still Direct Streams just fine.  All other Fire TVs that are above this version can't.  Is there a way I could get a hold of the older client, until this is figured out?