UI Change request (from wife) - Make 'Next Up' first selection

kefler

kefler

Well from me too.  Both of us tend to drop into the latest list, select a show, and then it opens up to the FIRST episode of that whole series,  If you click down one, it then goes to the 'next up' episode which is the reason the show is in the latest list.

So we keep starting S01E01 of any given show inadvertently.  Seems like if you come in from the 'Latest' feed list your default click  on the  > button should start the next up episode. 

Thanks!

kefler

I guess we use the latest row, since it shows how many new shows you have to watch of whatever series. 

Start app-> navigate to TV

Start down to 'latest'  row

Navigate right to TV show, select

S01E01 (assuming you have it) is now the selected show for the play button... This is true even if the 'next up' show was S07E05.

Navigate down one row to 'Next Up'  (this is the actual next show to watch).  

MrWebsmith

why not use the "Next Up" row on the home screen right from the start?

negates your issue and saves a bunch of clicks..  only gotcha is that you need to have already started the show at some pt

Start app... 

navigate DOWN about 3ish rows (im at work.. could be 2 if you dont have items to resume i think)

find show and youll be right at the next up episode you intended to watch 

• Like 1

CBers

.. only gotcha is that you need to have already started the show at some pt

In which case they'll be in the Premieres row ;)

• Like 1

Two things:

1) The latest beta of the app has a resume button on the TV Series page now that will start at the next up episode.  It will be the first selected upon entry.

2) It is on my list to get an unwatched count onto the next up tiles because, I too, like to know how many episodes I have of a series.  I like to let a few stack up so that I don't always have to wait a week for the next episode.  I'm not positive I can do this efficiently but I am going to try.

• Like 2

MrWebsmith

2 would be nice if you can get that to work

• Like 1