WOL not working on Nvidia Shield TV

matf

matf

Hi,

My understanding is that the Android TV version of the app sends a WOL packet to the server when it starts. This doesn't appear to be working for me.

My Server definitely works for WOL - have tested it using my daily PC and using another WOL app on a tablet. Wakes from Sleep fine.

I re-installed Emby while the Server was awake, and logged in. Then I pressed Home to go to main Shield menu. Then  went and put the Server to sleep via RDP from my PC. Then I woke the Server from an app on my tablet. All worked. Then RDP'd into the Server again and put it to sleep.

Went back to Shield, launched Emby - and it says the server is unreachable. After a while it offers me the opportunity to select the Server, which I did. Server still unreachable.

Have sent logs to developer via the debug option on the shield.

Be grateful for help in fixing as I'm having to use Lights Out to monitor the Shield to keep the Server awake while it's on - and as the Shield does not appear to actually 'sleep' when you power off to Sleep - well it means the Server is on 24/7 which is not ideal as far as my electricity bill is concerned.

Server is Win 7 32 bit. It's IP address is static via DHCP on the router.

Emby Server Version: 3.0.5933.0

Emby App Version: 1.1.76g Registered

Shield SW Version: 3.1

The only customisation I've done that I can think of is to disable the Shield Hub app to get rid of the annoying bar in the UI.

OK - have also just tested the process on my AFTV. Same result - no wakeup. However, if I then launch Kodi on the AFTV (which has Advanced WOL enabled), then it does wake up the server. So - definitely something amiss in the way that the Emby app is waking the server. 

Cheers

M

Edited by matf

I believe our implementation of WOL across the whole Android platform is unreliable.  We simply had not had the free bandwidth to dig into it.  If there were a community member who wanted to try and figure out why, that would be awesome.

matf

OK.

I appreciate there are complexities here that go beyond my understanding! I think it might helpful to allow the user to manually specify the machine (MAC address etc) to be woken via WOL. If the current system is not particularly robust the detail of the process being in effect hidden doesn't help the user identify the issue.

I'm assuming it has worked for you at some point ebr?  Is there a way of doing a completely clean uninstall/install for the app? (I cleared cache/data and then uninstalled/reinstalled but as the app picked up previous view settings I wonder if there is a cache folder somewhere that is causing issues...

If anyone does have it working, it would be good to know - just so I know that it is feasible!

Thanks ebr.

• 10 months later...
sylvio2000

Are there any news regarding wol?

I really would like to use the Emby apps on my shield and firetv, but the nonfunctional wol is a showstopper for me. I hope someone finds a solution for this.