Real time monitoring filesystem?

Sireone

Sireone

I see the option of real time monitoring for my library, but my question is, what exacty filesystems are supported?  I'm running Emby on Ubuntu and all my media is on my Synology.  I also use Autofs to map to my NAS.  When I drop a file on the NAS, Emby certainy doesn't scan my media immediately.  I have to go to scheduled task and initiate one from there, which takes about an hour.  How do I speed up scanning my media when I add new content?

We don't really have a list, sorry. It depends on what the mono runtime supports. Make sure to set the setting to enabled, because the Auto setting will generally keep it off.

gstuartj

Hmm.. I wonder how Watchdog does it then. It's usually instant.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/34424-real-time-monitoring-filesystem/

Besides, Scanning the library is the biggest issue. It should not take over an hour to scan 1500 media files.

That is a rather long time. I've got around that many files and my library scans take a couple of minutes over NFS. The first scan always takes a long time because Emby has to download metadata, but subsequent scans shouldn't take that long.

kjp4756

If you put each movie in to its own folder it drastically reduces the scan time for some reason.  I used to have my 1200 movies in 1 folder called Movies.  Scan times were 18 minutes or so.  I moved each movie in to its own folder (ie. Movies/Movie (2001)/Movie (2001).mp4' and scan times dropped to under 20 seconds.  

I also have emby creating NFOs and placing art in with the media.