Server update error

Taffer
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Taffer

I am having problems updating my emby server which I normally run as a service

I am running windows home server 2011 service pack 1 and emby Version 3.0.5781.1

Normally I shutdown the service - download the setup file - run as administrator and awy she goes

This time I get an error stating "an error occurred attempting to install mediabrowser.server.installer

the detailed view states "

An error occurred trying to download 'http://raw.githubusercontent.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/master/Server/windows/release/MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.application'.

See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\VSDC3AE.tmp\install.log' for more information.

The install log shows

The following properties have been set:
Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
Property: [installMode] = HomeSite {string}
Property: [NTProductType] = 3 {int}
Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = AMD64 {string}
Property: [VersionNT] = 6.1.1 {version}
Running checks for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 (x86 and x64)', phase BuildList
Reading value 'Release' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full'
Read integer value 393297
Setting value '393297 {int}' for property 'DotNet46Full_Release'
Reading value 'v4' of registry key 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\OS Integration'
Unable to read registry value
Not setting value for property 'DotNet46Full_OSIntegrated'
The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 (x86 and x64)':
Property: [DotNet46Full_Release] = 393297 {int}
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX46\NDP46-KB3045557-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX46\NDP46-KB3045557-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX46\NDP46-KB3045557-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX46\NDP46-KB3045557-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX46\NDP46-KB3045560-Web.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': false
Result of running operator 'ValueGreaterThanEqualTo' on property 'DotNet46Full_Release' and value '393297': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX46\NDP46-KB3045560-Web.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX46\NDP46-KB3045560-Web.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': false
Result of running operator 'ValueGreaterThanEqualTo' on property 'DotNet46Full_Release' and value '393297': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX46\NDP46-KB3045560-Web.exe' is 'Bypass'
'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 (x86 and x64)' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Launching Application.
URLDownloadToCacheFile failed with HRESULT '-2146697202'
Error: An error occurred trying to download 'http://raw.githubusercontent.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/master/Server/windows/release/MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.application'.

Which is all greek to me

What do I need to do ?

I have also noticed that the service will no longer start automatically when I restart windows although I can go into services and start it manually

Edited by Taffer