Question about cinema mode

diaz1510

diaz1510

Man...every time there's a server upgrade, I hold my breath and pray that everything will function as before...sadly...most of the time it doesn't...seems like a certain amount of tweaking is a prerequisite after a server upgrade.  When it's working...it's awesome though...

It's a Friday evening and trying to cozy up with my wife to watch a movie but now I am stuck working on my server trying to figure out whats wrong...and a pissed off wife on the couch (but what else is new, lol)

Just upgraded to 5933 and everything LOOKS fine, but no Movies will play.  I get a "Video Error" pop up.

However, TV Shows play just fine.

I'm using the web client in windows 10 through Firefox.  I included some of the logs.

'Preciate any help...

server-63597559331.txt

server-63597560310.txt

transcode-3a598842-0a01-469b-82d0-b70a17b186c3.txt

transcode-4d1f1c97-5e7d-4c3f-886e-88ef9a44f991.txt

transcode-37a023a3-eb16-496f-89f0-649ba68865c7.txt

Edited by diaz1510

I think perhaps your system is not downloading the trailers fast enough which is causing some ffmpeg failures. try disabling cinema mode.

diaz1510

huh?  why is the title of this post changed to "Question about cinema mode"?  I entered a title "just upgraded to new server and movies won't play..."

My question wasn't anything to do with cinmea mode..that's the weirdest thing...I said nothing at all about cinema mode...

@@Luke Did you change the title of my post?

And what trailers are you talking about?  All my trailers are local with the movie file folders.  And why should I disable cinema mode? It worked before and I enjoy it

Edited by diaz1510

diaz1510

Man...every time there's a server upgrade, I hold my breath and pray that everything will function as before...sadly...most of the time it doesn't...seems like a certain amount of tweaking is a prerequisite after a server upgrade.  When it's working...it's awesome though...

It's a Friday evening and trying to cozy up with my wife to watch a movie but now I am stuck working on my server trying to figure out whats wrong...and a pissed off wife on the couch (but what else is new, lol)

Just upgraded to 5933 and everything LOOKS fine, but no Movies will play.  I get a "Video Error" pop up.

However, TV Shows play just fine.

I'm using the web client in windows 10 through Firefox.  I included some of the logs.

'Preciate any help...

server-63597559331.txt

server-63597560310.txt

transcode-3a598842-0a01-469b-82d0-b70a17b186c3.txt

transcode-4d1f1c97-5e7d-4c3f-886e-88ef9a44f991.txt

transcode-37a023a3-eb16-496f-89f0-649ba68865c7.txt

Because it looks like that's where the issue is so at least disabling it for now should get you working playback again.

diaz1510

@@Luke

But why do you keep changing the title of my post?

Am I out of line for feeling a little bit violated when you changed the title of my post?  I can understand if it was something inappropriate, vulgar or disparaging, but I don't think that "Just upgraded to new server version and Movies no longer playing" sounded in the least bit inappropriate...granted, the cinema mode was the issue, but you can address that within the post all the same...almost looks like you don't want it to appear that there are issues with a server upgrade...

As for the cinema mode, disabling it worked.  Is there an issue on my local machine or is the issue with this version of Emby and it is being address?  I'd like to use cinema mode...

Edited by diaz1510

It's just for others who see this so that they know what the issue is actually related to. I can only guess that perhaps your system is just slow to download that trailer. what you can try doing is going into server streaming settings, and set the preferred internet channel quality to 480p

diaz1510

@@Luke

okay but what I'm trying to tell you is that I don't have it set up to download internet trailers!  All the trailers I have are already on my server locally.  I have it set up in cinema mode to play ONLY trailers in my library.  So what is it trying to download?

And as for my system..I have a VERY capable system with a VERY capable bandwidth..

Not to mention ALL this worked just fine before the upgrade...

Edited by diaz1510

diaz1510

OK, which trailer?

I am trying to understand what trailer you are referring to because this occurs when ANY movie is played and if I recall, the trailers are played randomly (or at least in the similar Genre) from within the available collection.  The trailers are on the same local machine as I am trying to play the movie from.  It shouldn't be "downloading" anything.  In the cinema mode settings, I only have it set up to play local trailers in my library...

Please help me understand what you are trying to tell me...

Edited by diaz1510