Out Of Sync Audio - Recorded TV (MP4)

Pancho

Pancho
Server Version 3.0.5931.0 (runs on Unraid 6.1.9 Docker)
Emby Theater 2.2.4

I have experienced an issue when I play back any recorded TV in .MP4 format with Emby Theater (ver. 2.2.4), all of my audio is out of sync.    However, if I choose a recorded TV show that I know is in .TS format, the show plays back without issue.   I can play the same MP4 recorded show in the Web client, Android TV, or even directly (in MPC-HC), and I have no out-of-sync audio issues (so I know the file is o.k.).     I tested this on another Windows 10 computer here at home in Emby Theater, and had the same exact results (out of sync audio with MP4 files only).

Any suggestions?

Pancho

Edited by Pancho

MEB

I've also have been having a similar issue where ill be watching mp4s and the audio will progressively get more and more out of sync until I stop and start the video again. I am running ET on the same as the server so its not network lag causing it. I will be gathering logs next time it happens. I do notice that right before it happens the video will have a slight hicup but the audio wont so that might be what is causing it maybe HDD spinup.

• 1 month later...

Having basically the same issues.  Recordings by NextPVR, playback on Emby Theater, and about 10 minutes the audio just falls more and more behind.

Has anyone found any fix or potential fix ?

Playback is done on the same machine that it's recorded on.  No issues playing on any of my Roku's.