Genre/studio respect parentid

speechles

Let me explain..

/Items respects parentid

/shows/nextup respects parentid

/shows/upcoming respects parentid

/genres and /studios do not respect parentid. @@Luke Would it be at all possible to have this work by passing "parentid" with these two endpoints? In a way that this results in a reply which only includes the children of this parentid? Pretty please. Thanks :)

Perhaps this was overlooked until now? Am I the only one who noticed this? Its hard to sort by genre and studios correctly without this isnt it? It is for me with the mixing going on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

@@Luke is this possible to do?

When you view items by genre or studio you see all content. is that what you mean? that's what other apps do so roku should remain consistent.

I meant, why do you see all? Why doesnt studio and genre respect when parentid is given. Instead it shows everything. Is there no way to limit genre/studio to a single parentid?

That's the way we currently do it. Personally I think it is better. Most of us don't have massive libraries. When you click on Universal it's kind of nice to see both tv series and movies. Unfortunately this is one of those situations where we just have to choose one way or another, and no matter what we choose, there's going to be one set of people who won't agree with it.