Spanish (Mexico) not applying in Web Server Client

Mibok

Mibok

I'm using server version Version 3.0.5930.0 and i have noticed that changing preferred display language to "Spanish (Mexico)" doesn't do anything it shows the UI in English, i tried other languages including "Spanish" and they change the UI without problems. I like to add that Spanish (Mexico) is 100% translate in comparison with "Spanish" that have 60%.

It appears that something similar happens with Emby Theater where Latin American Spanish language isn't applying neither.

Edited by Mibok

• 3 weeks later...
shadowwolven

I'm using server version Version 3.0.5930.0 and i have noticed that changing preferred display language to "Spanish (Mexico)" doesn't do anything it shows the UI in English, i tried other languages including "Spanish" and they change the UI without problems. I like to add that Spanish (Mexico) is 100% translate in comparison with "Spanish" that have 60%.

It appears that something similar happens with Emby Theater where Latin American Spanish language isn't applying neither.

for me it does show the web ui in spanish (mexico)   but emby theater is in english even if i select spanish latin american, it would be perfect if the metadata was available in spanish mexico or spanish latin american, because spanish from Spain gives it way different movie titles and one ends up having to guess the movie by watching the poster or reading the plot summary

for me it does show the web ui in spanish (mexico)   but emby theater is in english even if i select spanish latin american, it would be perfect if the metadata was available in spanish mexico or spanish latin american, because spanish from Spain gives it way different movie titles and one ends up having to guess the movie by watching the poster or reading the plot summary

Probably because not much has actually been translated for it yet.

shadowwolven

for the metadata you can keep the plot the way it is in spanish (from spain) you just need to change the titles, i dont know about policies here, but you could just take IMDB database, they do have it correct, and the funny thing is they dont have plots in any other language than english

Mibok

As far as i know  they no use IMDB for metadata downloading, they use IMDB id for identification of the movie, and then download the metadata from other service like The open movie database or TheMovieDb, so if any of these services have es-MX translation is not possible to download that metadata. You can either edit manually the information or submit a translation with the title corrected on https://www.themoviedb.org for example.