Subtitles will not load

mystic.bertie

feardamhan

Nope. When using madvr, the subtitles appear...i just cant use madvr overall, as my system doesnt appear to be up to the task.

babgvant

So whats the next step here? Can I help out with logs/samples (though my sample didnt seem to reproduce for u guys, so it should like its system related)

Please switch to the Edge filterset and enable debug level logging. If the issue continues to reproduce, please provide the log from ET and I'll have a look.

• 2 weeks later...
lorac

For me this only seems to be an issue with my AMD system up to V2.25. I can use MADVR and it plays fine. Doesn't matter if it's evr/evr+ stable/edge.

So... I am finding a lot of technical data in here on a Dev level but I have a question pertaining to Subtitle usage. ( Did not want to start a new thread for this purpose withouot searching first.

I usually use MPC-HC to play local files from a NETGEAR RN316-100NAS ( technically not local but,, :P )  Server is a Windows 10 Pro Laptop.. Devices are Lumia 2520 ( 8.1 Windows RT x2 ) and Lumia 630 ( Windows 10 Phone )... I have purchased the man apps on these and also like using the Web Client. Using the mst recent stable release as of the date of this post...

My video repository includes files for the movies and a folder called subtitles which includes all of the subtitles for many of my asian movies and others as well.. This has been turned into a Network Drive which has been scanning and updating since yesterday evening..

I do not have the Theatre app... However I have tried testing the subtitle options in the applicable apps and with the Web Client with seemingly no option as of yet to do so.. I was able to create and search for them with an OpenSubtitles account.. but I would like to use my sub folder for this purpose... and options to override settings while in the player to either ignore embedded, or use local files from the repository... More like the way that MPC-HC works...

Is this an option with Emby, or do I need to do something more to get this to work..

At the moment there is no customization for where the subtitles get downloaded to.

spon

Please excuse the quick thread jack but I have a tangentially related question. Is it possible to enable/disable subtitles on a video during playback? Or only in the main app settings? Sorry, I looked for a answer but couldn't find one and didn't want to start a completely new thread.

Please excuse the quick thread jack but I have a tangentially related question. Is it possible to enable/disable subtitles on a video during playback? Or only in the main app settings? Sorry, I looked for a answer but couldn't find one and didn't want to start a completely new thread.

Have you seen the on-screen display with the subtitle button?

spon

Have you seen the on-screen display with the subtitle button?

Hi Luke. I have not seen the onscreen display at all. I'm using a harmony remote so I may have it programmed wrong. What is the shortcut to pull it up?

up/down directional button will pull it up, so will play, pause, etc.

spon

up/down directional button will pull it up, so will play, pause, etc.

I feel like an idiot. Lol. Thanks for the quick help man.

daedalus

Using MadVr

If a movie has internal subtitles, i  click the cc button, there is 3 to choose from, 2 are english, 1 is polish. If i select the external polish subtitle i get nothing. If i select either of the internal english subtitles, it displays the polish subtitles.

i get exact the same behavior

only internal and only external work but mixxed produce this issue

i get exact the same behavior

only internal and only external work but mixxed produce this issue

Please provide a sample video for testing as well as all external subtitles. thanks.

daedalus

here your go video_externalsubs.7z

i've noticed that when the external sub is selected the subtitles get hidden by xysubfilter

post-143-0-69377500-1462874203_thumb.png

i also tried different formats for the external subtitle

ASS  & IDX also don't work

SUP works but only cause emby don't support it and xysubfilter handles this one by itself

• 2 weeks later...
justpig

Hello

All the subtitles that were not working is now being displayed. I am not sure which version fixed it because I was on holiday.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
daedalus

i'm getting the same issue as mentioned in post #53

as soon as a subtitle (no matter what fomat) has to be displayed when playback with EVR+ video freezes with audio still playing and after a couple of seconds playback gets ended

if switching the subtitles off on freezed video it comes back running and continues to play

log with "debug" Emby.Theater.DirectShow.dll from post #46 and EVRPresenter.dll from ET install

nondebugevr+.txt

log with "debug" Emby.Theater.DirectShow.dll from post #46 and EVRPresenter.dll from post #58

this file can't be registered by regsvr32 and is unable to load in ET, it performs a fall back to normal EVR

debugevr+.fallback.txt

subtitles work as expected by ET + EVR + VSFilter, ET + madVR + XySubFilter, MPC + EVR-CP + XySubFilter, MPC + madVR + XySubFilter

Edited by daedalus

• 2 weeks later...
daedalus

the problem @ default aka 'auto' (hope you meant that) settings is that there get evr(normal) loaded along with xyvsfilter and that combination can't show pgs subs

this only works with xysubfilter and that only works in combination with evr+ or madvr

i dont know how you decide to choose evr+ over evr

Edited by daedalus