Subtitles will not load

mystic.bertie

babgvant

Did that same result. Here is the log file.

This looks good, but it looks like you only ran the video for <1m. Are you confident there should be a subtitle in that time span?

Edited by babgvant

justpig

Yes. I have watched the video before. When using EVR+ it automatically stops the video exactly where the subtitle is to be displayed and return to the info screen. This happens at any point in the video where there is a subtitle, so even if you were to skip ahead it would still happen when a subtitle is to be displayed. 

babgvant

ah... I misunderstood what the issue was.

Does it do that for every video, every sub title type (looks like this is external)?

justpig

It does the same with external .srt and internal .pgs. On some videos with extenal .srt and internal .pgs, it does not display the .srt if selected and stops playing if the .pgs selected.

Edited by justpig

babgvant

Do you have any other system you could test with? I can't reproduce the issue you describe.

Will need to add an option to write traces to a file from the CP to get a better idea of what's going on.

babgvant

This is the log file from another windows 10 PC. I am seeing the same problem.

Anything that isn't AMD?

This rev will TRACE to the path indicated below (you will need to add this to the registry and ensure that it's a valid path).

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\babgvant\EVR Presenter]

"LogFile"="C:\\Temp\\evrcp.txt"

babgvant.zip

babgvant

I tried to created a reg file with the info given but it fails.

Can you be more specific about what fails?

babgvant

This the error.

You should be able to copy

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\babgvant\EVR Presenter]
"LogFile"="C:\\Temp\\evrcp.txt"

straight into a .reg (e.g. logging.reg), save it, and run it to put the setting in the right place.

If for some reason that doesn't work (there's a bigger problem at play) you can always open up regedt32 and put the values in manually...

babgvant

I did that and it worked. I also created the C:\\Temp folder but there is no log file in it. 

You will need to close ET, replace the CP dll, restart ET and reproduce the issue.

Please provide both the ET log and the CP log after that. If there is no CP log, please check the ET log and make sure that it's loading 1.0.1.1.

justpig

The CP dll? I have no such file.

If by CP you mean custom presenter (EVRPresenter). Then I have done this and still no CP log file.

Edited by justpig

babgvant

CP = custom presenter (what we've been troubleshooting).

If you aren't getting the CP log please attach the et log file so I can see what's happening there.

babgvant

C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\COMObjects\babgvant\EVRPresenter.dll - 5325df1c-6f10-4292-b8fb-be855f99f88a - True - False
2016-04-15 18:22:17.0644 Debug URCOMLoader: Load: EVR Presenter (babgvant) Version: 1.0.1.1
2016-04-15 18:22:17.3202 Error InternalDirectShowPlayer: Couldn't get EVR Presenter (babgvant)

It's really, really strange that COM isn't working reliably on your PC.

C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\COMObjects\babgvant\EVRPresenter.dll - 5325df1c-6f10-4292-b8fb-be855f99f88a - True - False

2016-04-15 18:22:17.0644 Debug URCOMLoader: Load: EVR Presenter (babgvant) Version: 1.0.1.1

2016-04-15 18:22:17.3202 Error InternalDirectShowPlayer: Couldn't get EVR Presenter (babgvant)

It's really, really strange that COM isn't working reliably on your PC.

Is it possible that it depends on something that is not on his system?

babgvant

Is it possible that it depends on something that is not on his system?

It's unreliable. Sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't.

We checked dependencies and regsvr32, both checked out fine.

feardamhan

So whats the next step here? Can I help out with logs/samples (though my sample didnt seem to reproduce for u guys, so it should like its system related)

So whats the next step here? Can I help out with logs/samples (though my sample didnt seem to reproduce for u guys, so it should like its system related)

As a test, does it happen with the madvr renderer?