Sony BDP-S3200

Cremby

Cremby

When I attempt to play certain files in my library through Emby DNLA, I get a message that "the file is corrupt or unsupported". When I play that exact same file through my NAS DNLA, it plays fine. I can't figure out what Emby is doing that prevents the file from playing.

My Blu-ray player is the Sony BDP-S3200 and I've tried the default profile, the "Sony Blu-ray Player" profile and the "Sony Blu-ray Player 2013" profile. I've also tried modifying the profile to make everything direct play. I did this by changing the codecs to all under each respective video container under the "Direct Play" heading in the profile. If this is wrong, please let me know what to modify to force direct play for all files. The only reason I want Emby to be involved is for tracking.

Alternatively, if someone else has experience with this model and has tips on the correct profile modifications to make, I'd appreciate that too.

Thanks in advance.

in the direct play profiles you could try blanking out the codecs so that it plays all for those containers, and you could also increase the profile max bitrate

Cremby

No luck. I even blanked out the audio (along with the video) codecs section this time. I also increased the profile bitrate from 12000000 to 30000000.

Edited by Cremby

• 4 months later...

The latest beta of Emby Server, 3.1.125, has numerous fixes for Sony Blu ray players from years 2013-2016. The changes will also be in the next stable release of Emby Server. Since I have a device for testing I am now able to test it fully and with the changes I've made everything is now playing perfectly.

It's possible that some of these improvements can be applied to older players or sony bravia tv's, but I do not have those devices available to test with, so for that I'll need to rely on community help. Enjoy.

• 2 months later...
openprivacy

@@Luke - thank you for your updates! I'm using the Sony Blu ray 2016 profile for a BDP-S3700 with software version 3.0.8300.0 running under docker. It works, but I wonder if I'll see much better if I upgrade to the 3.1.125 beta you mentioned. 

Specifically, I have many titles available and currently I need to scroll through a long ASCII list with no graphical posters (which I see on the Computer or Android interfaces) in order to find what I want to play. Is this normal or am I missing a configuration somewhere or will the update resolve this issue?

In any case (even with the tiresome scrolling) I love the product and again, thank you for your work on it.

openprivacy

Ya, 3.0.8400 was the same. Is it expected that the UI is basically non-existent - replaced with an ASCII scrolling list - when using a SONY Blu ray player?

is that what you have always seen? i have the Sony BDP-S3700. I can't remember off-hand what the dlna interface looks like but i'll test it out tonight.

openprivacy

Yes, all I've ever seen on the Sony BDP-S3700 is a scrolling ASCII text list of movies. I can pick one and play, so basic functionality is there, but would be nice to have the color images etc.

Thanks again!