chromecast and subtitles

fvboegeld

fvboegeld

Hi,

I have a problem when using emby with chromecast and subtitles.. The position of the subtitles is way to low and thet get cutoff at the bottom on my tv... Is there a setting for subtitle position on chromecast?

Thanks

Meatwagon

I am having the same problem. Tested it on 2 different screens. A 32" Philips and 40-42" Samsung. Users on my server experience the same. They all use a chromecast.

Running beta 3.0.5921. Been going on for a while, thought it would be fixed with updates.

fvboegeld

i have a Panasonic TH-50PV 50 inch tv.. 

Yesterday i tried connecting my laptop directly to the tv and tested it using the emby client and all subtitles were displayed correctly.. It only occurs when using chromecast. Around only half of the subs height is visible. 

Running v 3.0.5934.21121

Thanks!

Edited by fvboegeld

Ok. I've never seen this happen before but I will do some testing and look out for it. We are actually just using the chromecast's default subtitle presentation.

Ok, thanks. I've pushed an update to the chromecast receiver. Please power cycle your CC device, restart the casting app, then let me know if the subtitles are positioned better. Thanks.

fvboegeld

thanks.. just tried it again and the subtitles are now much better positioned and readable..  a small cutoff still happens with p,j,g,q.. but only very,very small. 

Edited by fvboegeld

• 1 month later...