.NET error when trying to open plugins catalog within emby for EMC

danielk23
Go to solution Solved by danielk23,

danielk23

when trying to open the plugins catalog within the WMC interface emby classic then crashes back to the WMC main screen. I've tried multiple times and bounced the entire server as well, but nothing doing. The attached error is being logged within the windows event viewer

Currently i only have the chocolate plugin installed.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

thanks in advance

Daniel

crash.txt

soundsnake8

I an experiencing the same issue with both windows 7 and windows 10. I am also experiencing latest items not showing.

Luke - somehow the image has become corrupted passing through the new domain/CF or something.  The same image does not show in the web catalog either.

However, that very same image does show in the web client on the plug-in detail page...

CrossCech

I recently did a fresh install on a pc and also installed EMC 3.0.299. I went to apply my favorite EMC skin Xenon but the catalog won't open. I keep getting an error shown in attached pic:

post-4298-0-31856200-1459460157_thumb.png

I've checked on my laptop EMC as well. It does not have the latest update for EMC, but it too is throwing the same error.  The picture is from my laptop EMC.

Suggestions?

Edit*** I missed an earlier post about this found here.  I looked through this sub-forum before I posted, but didn't see it. Please feel free to delete this thread or merge into the other. Thanks!

Edited by CrossCech

I invalidated the image reference that appears to be causing this problem.  Can someone please try again and see if it fixes it?  Thanks.

CrossCech

I invalidated the image reference that appears to be causing this problem.  Can someone please try again and see if it fixes it?  Thanks.

If indeed my problem is the same as the OP's, after rebooting both server and laptop EMC, still no joy.Same error msg for me.

If indeed my problem is the same as the OP's, after rebooting both server and laptop EMC, still no joy.Same error msg for me.

You would need to find the Windows event log error for us to know.

That image does not exist anymore so it now has to be coming out of a cache or something...

danielk23

are you using cloudflare in a caching capacity for embydata.com? Best guess they have cached the plugins information somewhere as static data, and keep returning that invalid image

soundsnake8

EMC still crashing when trying to open plugin catalog ! both windows 7 and windows 10

Please post the Windows event log error so we can see if it is the same thing.  I don't see how it could be since that image doesn't exist anymore.

danielk23

hi ebr

attached is the latest crash report from event logs, still the same issue it appears. I've even uninstalled the chocolate theme entirely, but this made no difference. 

crash3.txt

• Solution
danielk23

@@ebr just did some further investigation and traced the web traffic while loading emby for WMC

I can see the following call to the emby server

/mediabrowser/Packages?packagetype=UserInstalled&targetsystems=MBClassic&format=Json

which returns the attached JSON data, which still includes the newchoctile.png reference. I've done a manual check for plugin updated on the server but still get the same JSON response on the WMC side

When i looked at the JSON section specific to the chocolate plugin, there is a line that reads 

"thumbImage": "http:/embydata.com/images/newchoctile.png",

Which i'm just guessing is missing a /, so somewhere along the line the package data got corrupted and that is why emby is failing to launch the package manager in WMC.

trace.txt

Edited by danielk23
  • Like 1

Thanks.  That was probably the problem all along as opposed to a corrupt image and I didn't notice it before.

I've corrected it and we now just need to get the caches all cleared out.

danielk23

thanks ebr. i did see several other plugins with a similar issue with their thumbnail image URLs in the JSON data, not sure if you saw those too?

danielk23

just to confirm, the caches appear to have finally cleared, and now i've run a plugin update check on the emby server, the classic client plugin library is working once more :)

danielk23

spoke too soon, ebr it's now complaining about the thumb image for Backdrop Screen Saver specifically "http:/embydata.com/images/bdscreensaver.png"

spoke too soon, ebr it's now complaining about the thumb image for Backdrop Screen Saver specifically "http:/embydata.com/images/bdscreensaver.png"

It is crashing?  I fixed that reference yesterday as well and my catalog opens fine now (although that particular image doesn't display).

Different machine or different sever that might still have old data cached?  I cannot reproduce.

danielk23

Hi ebr, it was the same server, it worked last night and i pulled down and installed a pluging, today it's failing again. I've just done a refresh packages list from the server, and then relaunched the WMC client and got the attached JSON response. all i can maybe surmise is i got a different edge server from cloud flare where the cache hasn't quite expired yet this time?

json data.txt

Not sure how that could be happening to you.  Try rebooting your server...