Rewind/skip/stop not working

aerospyke

aerospyke

Hi all,

I only just started playing with Theatre again since it was in earlier beta around mid-late last year and being that i'm trying to find a replacement for emby for WMC i'm giving theatre another chance.... BUT my biggest confusion is when I'm playing something, i can't skip or rewind, or stop, all I can do is press back which stops the video and goes back to the media entry. I've gone through the configuration menus and can't see something navigation based related other than skip and reward settings (how far to go back/forward) so I know it supposed to work.... 

FYI I'm running Win7 and have a Harmony remote configured.... all the buttons work in WMC and emby for WMC (with theatre mode enabled), which I assume all run the media player application for playback?

jordy

I added an old MS infrared Remote on my Win10 laptop a couple of days ago and having put it through it's paces over the last couple of sessions I can say it does everything except for starting ET. play, FF, RW pause, stop, back, restart , end, up, down, left, right etc. Even the number keys worked to enter my logon pin - i did not expect that to work.  You might have to reprogram your Harmony

Edited by jordy

• 1 month later...
aerospyke

Hi all,

So it looks like I am reprogramming my Harmony remote to do all the things that don't work... but does anyone know what DOES work? Navigation isn't very friendly with me and Theatre (I have the latest version of MBT) running in Windows 7. If I get this working I may transition to MBT from WMC as live TV doesn't work on my antenna anyway and had to get Fox  :(

AdrianW

Your Harmony should work without any changes - I use mine for both EMC and ET and it all works as expected. (Play, pause, skip, rewind, stop, back, directions and enter).

@@jordy - if you want to make your remote launch ET - just put a shortcut to ET on the taskbar in a known position (first, second, or third, etc). Then configure a button on the remote to the keystoke "Win-n" (where n is the position of ET on the taskbar). You'll need to use the "Microsoft Media Center SE" device when setting up your remote.

aerospyke

Hmmm ok it definitely doesn't work, and I tried my old media center from the ole days and that didn't do anything either... navigation works (left right up down, select back) but nothing about media control works. anyone have exact commands that are supposed to work so I can configure the remote with those directly to further my troubleshooting?

Works here in my testing. No problem found. You can setup your remote to use WMC keyboard shortcuts and it should be fine.

jordy

"@jordy - if you want to make your remote launch ET - just put a shortcut to ET on the taskbar in a known position (first, second, or third, etc). Then configure a button on the remote to the keystoke "Win-n" (where n is the position of ET on the taskbar). You'll need to use the "Microsoft Media Center SE" device when setting up your remote."

@@AdrianW, Thanks for that, I found a program called "AdvancedMCERemoteMapper" which enabled me to do exactly that. Getting better all the time! :D

Edited by jordy

aerospyke

Under advisement of some to try a mouse click to set focus, I plugged in a mouse (as this is a dedicated HTPC) and tried, the skip/rewind etc still didn't help. I made sure the commands were coming from the Microsoft Media Center SE device but still no happiness. I'm using ET 2.2.7. Is there something I can do to test whether the issue is with ET or the remote? on-screen commands? manual keyboard (plug one in, worth testing)...