Auto organise films from recorded tv

denz

denz

Just a suggestion as an expansion of auto organise feature can it be done for movies as well. I discovered a program that it does this automatically but the downside is that it only works for wtv and dvr ms files.

Currently in my scenario when a film is recorded a copy of it is transferred to a NAS inside a auto created a folder of the films name all from a wonderful program called Move_TV_Films what this program does is that it looks at wtv file tags and if it is a movie it creates a folder of the same name and moves it to a directory of your choice.

As the program is released under GNU GPL I have made a slight modification to it so instead of moving it copies it. The reason is many times I watched a good movie and as a habit if it is in recorded tv I delete it you may ask why but it is just the way I like it. I have been testing it now for a couple of months with about 30 movies recorded and it has worked perfectly and no more manually organising files. The only downside is that only works if it is a dvr-ms and wtv file so when I move away from wmc by using the native pvr of emby this cannot be used.

chef

This question has been ask many times.

I believe I have read that there was some work done in organizing movies. I even think there was a branch in github for it.

Recently, the organizing feature was upgraded to remember user selection if an episode could not be sorted properly.

I believe it was this same dev who was working on the movie organization branch.

However it hasn't been implemented for various reasons.

There are someways that come to mind, in which you could achieve what you are after.

There is some kind of external sorting app for Windows "{something}bot" which will organize your movies. But it sounds as though you need to encode your wtv files into a different container (like mkv) I order to have them work.

That might be something to look into.

• Like 1

Movie organization has been implemented successfully in a fork and I organized a lot of movies through this feature.

Details here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/pull/1202

This fork contains various other features and @@Luke had decided to included them one after another.

As of today the "smart match feature" and the "new series creation feature" have been included already.

I believe that movie organization will follow quite soon. The code is almost identical to the "new series creation feature".

But there is a difference: An automatic organization of movies is neither implemented nor planned. The risk of false identifications is very high considering the fact that naming of incoming files/folders in the auto-organize folder can be quite cryptic in many cases.

So, movie organization will be a manual process, but a rather simple one: Click on the item in the auto-organize log, select that it's a movie, find and select the movie through our metadata providers and click OK. Emby will do the rest of the job like folder creation and naming, moving or copying the file and adding to the library.

This will even work from within Emby apps (at least some as of today). Thus, you'll no longer need direct access to the file system of your Emby server to add new movies or new series - you can do all that from remote.

Edited by softworkz
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
denz

Excellent I will give it a try on the weekend and hopefully can make this post answered.

Thank you