Turn off Autologin

Xavmorn

Xavmorn

I've got the latest Emby Theater and when i reopen it is always logged in as the last user unless i logout first, i'd like an option to make it start from the login screen regardless.

Edited by Xavmorn
  • Like 2

I love the autologin function in ET for use in our family room.

Do you ever log in to different users with some of those needing parental control?

Deathsquirrel

Do you ever log in to different users with some of those needing parental control?

No, it's in a public space.

What I would like, and i think there is already a FR in the relevant forum for this, is the old MB 2.x feature where you can log in as a restricted user and enter a PIN to unlock restricted content.  I'm not too concerned about my 8 year old watching inappropriate content in the central room of the house but I'd love for him to not even have to scroll past all that.  I'm always looking for ways to make browsing so many movies faster.

No, it's in a public space.

What I would like, and i think there is already a FR in the relevant forum for this, is the old MB 2.x feature where you can log in as a restricted user and enter a PIN to unlock restricted content.  I'm not too concerned about my 8 year old watching inappropriate content in the central room of the house but I'd love for him to not even have to scroll past all that.  I'm always looking for ways to make browsing so many movies faster.

That's the whole point of our user system.

Your issue would be solved if you could set the app to automatically log in as a specific user (the one that is most likely to use the system) and not remember the last user that was logged on.

That way, you could set it to log in as your son automatically (or a "family" user if you wish) and then, if you want to watch content only you can see, you switch to your user.

Deathsquirrel

That's the whole point of our user system.

Your issue would be solved if you could set the app to automatically log in as a specific user (the one that is most likely to use the system) and not remember the last user that was logged on.

That way, you could set it to log in as your son automatically (or a "family" user if you wish) and then, if you want to watch content only you can see, you switch to your user.

Sure, I can absolutely do that but it's less slick than we used to have for m use case.  Still, I like autologin in ET for our family room as I said.  It's easier to leave it logged into an 'everything' account and tell children to behave than to muck about with different users and pin codes that currently require me to dig out a KB to type them in.  Some year I may bother trying to get a remote control working in Windows again but that day is not today :)

Okay but what I am proposing would give you exactly what you have now as well - an auto login to a particular account - but would also provide for what the OP wanted and multiple levels of parental control on a shared device :).

Deathsquirrel

Okay but what I am proposing would give you exactly what you have now as well - an auto login to a particular account - but would also provide for what the OP wanted and multiple levels of parental control on a shared device :).

Perhaps I misunderstand then.  I thought you were proposing autologin for a specified default account and then the option to logout and log back in under a different account when needed.  It's not a bad notion if so but less slick than 'press a button and temporarily disable parental controls by entering a pin'.  It's a few more steps is all.

Perhaps I misunderstand then.  I thought you were proposing autologin for a specified default account and then the option to logout and log back in under a different account when needed.  It's not a bad notion if so but less slick than 'press a button and temporarily disable parental controls by entering a pin'.  It's a few more steps is all.

That is exactly what I'm proposing and that's how most of the TV-based apps operate now.

The problem with the single-PIN system is that it is all or nothing.  Our user system gives you multiple levels of parental control as well as library views, configuration, watched status, favorites.....

Deathsquirrel

That is exactly what I'm proposing and that's how most of the TV-based apps operate now.

The problem with the single-PIN system is that it is all or nothing.  Our user system gives you multiple levels of parental control as well as library views, configuration, watched status, favorites.....

Sure, makes sense but it will actually mess up watched statuses unless I'm logging in additional users with additive rights...which would probably make some users happy anyway.  I know there are plenty that care about tracking watched status for multiple users in one room.

Anyway, if that were the change made, I'd continue doing what I do now: log in one user, scrap parental controls in this room, and call it good.  It's not ideal but the ideal isn't worth the extra clicks for me.

Xavmorn

I love the autologin function in ET for use in our family room.

I worded it badly, I'm not asking for it to be removed i'm asking for an option to turn it off.

We here mainly use it to keep different progression of the same TV series as we don't always watch episodes together and having to logout because someone forgot to or  accidentally messing up someone elses progression or them messing up yours by start watching a further or previous episode is more of a pain then it starting at the login screen to begin with.

Edited by Xavmorn

• 1 month later...
Wilky13

I've got the latest Emby Theater and when i reopen it is always logged in as the last user unless i logout first, i'd like an option to make it start from the login screen regardless.

Is this possible?

I'd like ET to always show the login screen when it is opened, no matter if the last user logged off or just exited.  I have 4 users, 2 of which are children.

chef

Is this possible?

I'd like ET to always show the login screen when it is opened, no matter if the last user logged off or just exited. I have 4 users, 2 of which are children.

I second this, for my xbox one. My son keeps logging into my account indirectly, and can see all the Libraray options. He wants to watch Alien...

• 1 month later...
Erik

The remember me is great, but accounts without passwords have no "remember me" option to deselect in order to not auto login.

Thanks.

Edited by Erik

Wilky13

The remember me is great, but accounts without passwords have no "remember me" option to deselect in order to not auto login.

Thanks.

Same issue. My kids accounts don't have passwords, so if they are the last ones to use ET, it auto logs them on the next go around.

Edit: I got it to work by manually logging in once and uncheck in the "Remember Me" check. You have to do it for EVERY user for it to work correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Wilky13

Erik

Same issue. My kids accounts don't have passwords, so if they are the last ones to use ET, it auto logs them on the next go around.

Edit: I got it to work by manually logging in once and uncheck in the "Remember Me" check. You have to do it for EVERY user for it to work correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, never would have thought of that! I had to manually go through every user as you said, but it works now.