Skip fwd (Skipping chapters)

Rowlett

Rowlett

Hi,

Emby Theater 2.0

Server: Version 3.0.5906.2346

i'm probably being really dumb but noticed the new settings be able to set time video skips from 5-30 seconds which is superb however whenever i press right arrow or left on keyboard, it will skip 5mins or back 5mins, regardless of what i set for skip time. it's almost like it's skipping chapters instead of time related.

am i being stupid? what are the controls for theater, i've searched the forums and found reference to 6 button controls but what are they?

Thanks in advance

the next/prev track buttons during a video will go by chapters. ff/rew use skip.

6 buttons means in order to use the app all you need are basic directionals + ok/back. So if you're teaching someone how to use the app, it's very simple.

• 2 months later...
Rowlett

i still can't get this to work :-( press the right arrow to skip but it skips 5 minutes... i've even tried changing settings from 15 seconds to 5 seconds in playback setting but it doesn't' seem to matter still just skips 5 mins... what am i missing?

AdrianW

Try Ctrl-Shift-F for forward and Ctrl-Shift-B for backward on a keyboard.

Try Ctrl-Shift-F for forward and Ctrl-Shift-B for backward on a keyboard.

Ahh is that how its set, I exclusively use a wireless keyboard and am annoyed that the arrows are set to 5min, I usually have to use the trackpad and move the slider. Can we get the option that when selecting keyboard as input our arrows are set to press is skip 5-30sec and long hold will do chapter? Remotes are nice but I have a harmony keyboard and it does more than enough easily.

AdrianW

If you have the harmony keyboard, then surely you could just use the ffwd/rew & skip fwd/skip back buttons that appear on F7 and F9:

LogitechHarmonySmartKB.jpg

If you have the harmony keyboard, then surely you could just use the ffwd/rew & skip fwd/skip back buttons that appear on F7 and F9:

LogitechHarmonySmartKB.jpg

Those are a PITA to find in the dark, the arrow keys are just bottom right, plus im used to finding those from years of computer use they just seem natural.

AdrianW

Those are a PITA to find in the dark, the arrow keys are just bottom right, plus im used to finding those from years of computer use they just seem natural.

Seems like a design flaw by Logitech to have a media keyboard that isn't backlit.

Isnt it dependent on batteries though? Having a backlight would decrease battery life. Isnt your TV illuminating the room?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
cshaun

I agree. Default for arrow keys seems obvious it should be the same as fast forward and rewind. How often are chapters even used? My guess is 99% of the time people are wanting to go back a little cause they missed something, or skip ads.

Also it would be VERY useful to have an option so that Skip Next and Previous is instead used as forward and rewind for video. (Obviously for music you want to skip forward and back whole tracks.)

i.e. I have a USB remote with Skip forward and back, while I have no rewind and fast forward buttons on the remote. Yes probably kinda silly of the remote manufacturer, but it's fairly common. So with the remote I can't skip forward or back small increments with those buttons or the directional pad. Very annoying.

Guest asrequested

I prefer to use the progress bar to jump to the point I want, but this doesn't work correctly, either. It seems to want to go to chapters. Is there something I need to do to be able to click on any point on the progress bar?