Emby Kodi not showing season posters

mechguy

mechguy

Hi,

I hope this is correct place for this thread. I have recently changed from Plex to MB. When using the MB kodi addon I am having an issue where it doesn't display season posters for certain shows even though if I access MB through my browser I can see that those shows do have season posters.

I have noticed this happens only on shows where they have only one season so the folder structure is as follows:

Show Title -> episodes

instead of

Show Title -> Season No. -> episodes

Since the server is getting the artwork I expected the Kodi addon to reflect that?

Thanks for any help.

Angelblue05

I'll test the scenario. Essentially, the season is "virtual", there's no physical season folder in your structure when you see this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mechguy

After doing some further digging I found another show that does have the folder structure

Show Title -> Season No. -> episodes

where the posters for Specials and All Seasons have been found but not Season 1 so the issue doesn't seem to be completely exclusive to those without season folders but every show without a season folder definitely has the issue.

I hope I explained clearly.

Angelblue05

Can you try the following: go to the content in emby (in the metadata manager), hit save on the seasons with missing poster, wait a minute, then post your Kodi log

See here if you need help with that: How to report a problem

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-How-to-report-a-problem

Angelblue05

Ok, I will see what I can do for virtual season artwork. You said you also experience this with regular structured shows? Do you mind repeating the test, because this should not happen.

mechguy

Not in every regularly structured show but I found one in particular that it did happen with. In the log attached before I did two shows, one of each type. Do you still need another log?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ah, then never mind. They are both virtual folders so it's the same problem in this case. Ok, I will let you know once I have a build for you to test.

Angelblue05

@@mechguy

Let me know if beta version 2.2.5 resolves the artwork issue. Thanks. I have tested on my side and it works fine now. :) Thanks for reporting!

mechguy

@@Angelblue05

Do I need to uninstall the MB stable addon to install the beta as when I got into the Beta repo it just shows 2.2.4 which is enabled already as my current version. Is there a way to update to 2.2.5?

Never mind I just realised I needed to update the repo.

Edited by mechguy
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Glad you figured it out :) Let me know if it works fine for you. You can use our previous test to confirm (metadata manager > save on season with missing poster). They should appear in Kodi once you do this.