Library Sync Thread has Exited

aravenel

aravenel

Hi all,

I recently started receiving two messages when starting Kodi with the Emby plugin installed:

• "Detected that database version needs to be recreated for this version of Emby for Kodi"
  • Then, regardless of whether I choose to do this update or not, I get an error "Library sync thread has exited".

Once I receive the "library sync thread has exited" error, I am unable to interact with Kodi any further, and must kill the process.

Any idea what is going on here? Perhaps a failed update to new version?

I have attached my logfile. This is on Ubuntu 15.10.

Thanks for any help!

kodi.log

Edited by aravenel

Also have simlar issue here leading to same error message... impossible to get around.. running OpenElec, kodi 15.2 on Pi. Might be able to dig up a log if need be

Angelblue05

@@aravenel

Can you test the following for me: When you get the library sync error, press ok. Just ignore it, launch the emby add-on and do a reset local database. I would suggest you also wipe your emby add-on info/settings at the same time. Let me know if it works. Thanks.

aravenel

@@aravenel

Can you test the following for me: When you get the library sync error, press ok. Just ignore it, launch the emby add-on and do a reset local database. I would suggest you also wipe your emby add-on info/settings at the same time. Let me know if it works. Thanks.

Thanks--unfortunately, I cant get that far. After the library sync error, Kodi locks up. I have a mouse cursor and nothing else. End up having to kill the process.

MrWebsmith

@@aravenel

i have my "main htpc" doing this as well on 15.2... i will attempt the steps below and post a log to "join the party" on this issue

Angelblue05

Can you try this build? Do proceed with the update/database reset when it asks. Let me know if it helps.

Edited by Angelblue05

aravenel

Can you try this build? Do proceed with the update/database reset when it asks. Let me know if it helps.

That did it! I extracted to the ~/.kodi/addons folder (backing up the original) an restarted Kodi, at which point the database upgrade succeeded.

Many thanks!

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Thank you for confirming! Sorry for the wait.

The fix will be in the next beta version which should be out later today or tomorrow.

• Like 1

metaman

Awesome! I'll test it out tomorrow, hopefully it should be good to go.

edit: It's good to go. Awesome, thanks!

Edited by metaman

Hopsakee

Unfortunately. I get the same error. It doesn't seem to be solved with plugin release 2.2.7.

Or is the one in the attachment another instance of release 2.2.7 than I get using the repository?

Anyway. Here is my log file.

http://xbmclogs.com/pdm2h3rnx

I think it's got something todo with the music part of the library, because while scanning the music files I get the error.

Also, but this might well be unrelated. I can play movie files, but not stable. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, sometimes they freeze after some time. This problem started at the same time as my library sync problems.

Hope you can figure out what's bugging us.

p.s.

Like some other people I tried rebuilding the library from scratch.

Also I tried to decrease how many files are read per cycle (or something like that) I read that in another post I can't find anymore.

I didn't install the Emby server plugin to speed up the scanning proces for Emby for Kodi.

Angelblue05

The fix I made works. You don't have the same error. You seem to be having connection issues. I'm starting to suspect the server artwork. Probably the "not cached artwork until used" deal server side and it's causing timeouts all over the place when we go to cache the artwork in Kodi. Go to the emby add-on settings > sync option > limit artwork cache threads to 25. Press ok. Restart Kodi. Let me know.

Edited by Angelblue05

Hopsakee

Thanks for the very quick response.

I tried what you said, and it helped. That is. I don't get the 'Library Sync Thread has Exited' error. But I still can't use Emby for Kodi.

Your 'connection issues' idea seems viable. Especially, since running movie's or music through Emby for Kodi is slow and unstable. I attached another log file which probably shows that to the trained eye. http://xbmclogs.com/py43aigmf

Can someone confirm that 'connection issues' are still the problem? Or point me in the correct direction.

The strange thing is. Both the Emby server and the Kodi client are on the same machine. A NUC 5ppyh with 8GB and SSD. The files are on an external HDD connected with USB 2.0. This should be more than enough I think and I don't see how this setup can lead to connection problems.

If I use the tv.emby.app or http://localip:8096 . Everything runs, but often takes a long time to load (5-45 seconds for both music and movies). I don't know if this is caused by issues on my side or that this is just what can be expected of Emby.

So. It might be that I actually have a problem with the Emby server instead of Kodi for Emby. The awkward thing is, it only manifests itselfs in decreased stability and errors when I use Kodi as a client.

Can someone confirm I'd better sent Emby server logs to the general emby thread? Or hopefully give a better advice?

Thanks in advance.

Hopsakee

Thanks for the response. But I believe I already tried that. It's version 2.2.7, isn't it?

And if I understood Angelblue correctly. I have a different problem than you. I only had the same error messages.

I'm starting to believe it's got something to do with my external HD. Which could explain the 'connectivity issues', the randomness of the freezes, the slowness of it all. Also if I use Nautilus (i'm on Ubuntu).

I did a disk check which found some errors which are repaired. Hoping for the best. Until now I've been enjoying a Sting concert in the Emby web app for 15 minutes, without any slowness starting it and no hickups running it.

Kodi test will be tomorrow.

Still. If someone with more technogical knowledge and thus a unique position to confirm or disconfirm my suspicions, any advice would be appreciated.

Angelblue05

@@Hopsakee

Can you do me a favor, grab a new log. Disable Kodi debug as it's not needed. 

Try the following: Go to the add-on settings > sync option > Reduce the number gathered to 50. Restart Kodi, let me know if it helps any, with the initial sync.

nicko84

Hi !

Same problem with "Library Sync Thread has Exited"" in version superior to 2.2.4, (2.2.7 and 2.2.8 for eample) but ok in version 2.2.4 (stable).

I've tried to reset local kodi library but no way.

An idea ?

Thanks

Edited by nicko84

Hopsakee

@@Angelblue05

Sure. Here it is.

http://xbmclogs.com/prfvd9yr6

I didn't get any errors on the initial sync, although it took a long time. I think 15 minutes or more.

I tried watching an episode of a serie. But it didn't work as hoped. Sometimes it freezed and went on after some time, sometimes it went in overdrive (going very fast, like fast forward).

Hope the log helps to find out what's going on.

Thanks.

• Like 1

nicko84

Hi !

Same problem with "Library Sync Thread has Exited"" in version superior to 2.2.4, (2.2.7 and 2.2.8 for eample) but ok in version 2.2.4 (stable).

I've tried to reset local kodi library but no way.

An idea ?

Thanks

Hi !

I've uninstall version 2.2.4, restart Kodi and install version 2.2.8 and it seems ok now...

Best regards

Angelblue05

I didn't get any errors on the initial sync, although it took a long time. I think 15 minutes or more.

I tried watching an episode of a serie. But it didn't work as hoped. Sometimes it freezed and went on after some time, sometimes it went in overdrive (going very fast, like fast forward).

Hope the log helps to find out what's going on.

Thanks.

Yeah, what was important is the number of item requested. You can probably play around with it. The way it works is we gather x items from your server at once. If your server fails to respond within the 30 seconds, the connection times out... It seems as though your server is not able to recover from this, or at least not fast enough. Lowering the number requested allows your server to respond within 30 seconds, so the sync completed.

The add-on only gives the path/url to play to Kodi. Kodi handles the playback entirely. What are your video settings like in Kodi (settings > video > playback/acceleration)? This is not an emby/emby for kodi issue. Best start googling, there's probably a setting that needs adjustment to allow for smooth playback.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Hi !

I've uninstall version 2.2.4, restart Kodi and install version 2.2.8 and it seems ok now...

Best regards

Without a Kodi log, I can't help you with this.

Hopsakee

Yeah, what was important is the number of item requested. You can probably play around with it. The way it works is we gather x items from your server at once. If your server fails to respond within the 30 seconds, the connection times out... It seems as though your server is not able to recover from this, or at least not fast enough. Lowering the number requested allows your server to respond within 30 seconds, so the sync completed.

The add-on only gives the path/url to play to Kodi. Kodi handles the playback entirely. What are your video settings like in Kodi (settings > video > playback/acceleration)? This is not an emby/emby for kodi issue. Best start googling, there's probably a setting that needs adjustment to allow for smooth playback.

@@Angelblue05

You're right. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I will find a solution to my playback issues elsewhere.

You put me on the right track by the way. I'm a lot closer to a solution. Something goes wrong accessing my external HDD from Linux. No matter which player I use. They're all unstable, some just more unstable than others. But if I attach my HDD to my windows laptop, everything rolls along smooth.

I suspect my backup program Crashplan. Turned it off yesterday on my Ubuntu machine. And that seems to help.

Long story short. For me this topic is closed. I don't get the error anymore. On to the next possible sollution.

• Like 1