Samsung Server Not Responding

FrostByte

FrostByte

Just loaded 2.1 stable on my TV and get this pop right away.  Looks like it's a Samsung popop and not from the app.  Did .54 go down?  I'm still on 2.1.0f on my HTS and everything is working fine there

FrostByte

I've deleted and reinstalled a couple times now and still getting the same error.  So the server is up, just getting that error

FrostByte

Ignore this, user error.  I think I figured it out.  You have to delete favorites on H-series TVs SmartHub after loading from a different IP.  Forgot it must make some sort of connection to the installation server every time you start the app.  Still getting use to this new H-series SmartHub I guess.  Anyway, I'm in

56c0fb72d3d9b_WP_20160214_001.jpg

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
Blueeyiz702

i was getting that,now all of a sudden its asking for server address and ive never had that happened.Am i missing something its never done this,maybe ill just uninstalll everything and start over.Any help

would be appreciated.

FrostByte

Did you change the name of your server or anything like that?

Sometimes it's easiest to just delete the app and all shortcuts you created and start over.  If you do that you will have to of course redo all your settings again and tell it to remember your logon information

• Like 1

Blueeyiz702

when i click on Emby iccon it kicks me out then keeps saying try again later like yours.i think the emby theatre app might be damaged or something is wrong with samsung server,my 

smart tv samsung is just 6 months old and never5729546fc39de_IMG_20160503_181904.jpg had this problem. Maybe someone should check the app to see whats going on or ip address you download from.

Blueeyiz702

Did you change the name of your server or anything like that?

Sometimes it's easiest to just delete the app and all shortcuts you created and start over.  If you do that you will have to of course redo all your settings again and tell it to remember your logon information

did smarthub test,and no problems with samsung server or smarthub.So must be problem with the samsung smart tv app. or ip it downlaods from.

FrostByte

I just deleted the app and reinstalled the app from 173.230.139.54 and it seems to be working for me.  If it was down then it appears to be working now

I don't believe your tests necessarily prove anything other than smarthub is working because the app isn't on the Samsung store yet while in development.  The app does need Internet access to callback to 173.230.139.54 when starting up though

Blueeyiz702

im getting ready to try again since you say its working and ill let you know what happens.I just tried uninstall and rng this problem?einsatll and when i click on emby icon

it starts loading,stops goes black screen and back to regular tv program i was watching? Then i wait few minutes try icon again and i get the try again later thing again.Got any ideas why im having

this problem. never had it before.

Edited by blueeyiz7021

FrostByte

There have been a couple threads in here I believe with something similar. 

I have one device (my HTS) where it takes me several attempts to get in if auto logon is on.  It will show the splash screen before it finally times out and kicks me out of the hub altogether back to the broadcast screen.  Sometimes I can't even get in.  What I ended up doing was not turning on auto logon after reinstalling the app which seemed to helped.  My primary device (my TV) has no issues at all.

Sorry I can't help muc.  You may want to look at those other threads and if it sounds like the same thing then post in there, or start your own thread and include any logs and your setup.  Unfortunately, cmcg is tied up with things at work right now and may not be back until next month if no one else can figure it out before

Edited by FrostByte

Blueeyiz702

no im getting enter ip address and port number of my emby server?

FrostByte

It should only ask for your server IP when installing new, or when a new releases changes so much that the app requires that all your settings be reset.   Version 2.1.3 may have reset everything thus requiring you to reenter your emby server information when first starting it.  There are even some H-series TVs and evokits that always reset settings when loading a new version.  Once you finally get in (if you can) then you shouldn't have to enter the IP again unless a newer version resets your settings again. 

Once you enter the emby server IP (the port is optional input if it's the default) and hit enter is that all the further you get then?   What series TV do you have?

Blueeyiz702

H series,and when i put in default server settings in,it does nothing says checking then nothing.Like when i first put them in.Is there a certain server ip i need to enter. i use the one

thats shows up on my emby dashboard. 

CBers

H series,and when i put in default server settings in,it does nothing says checking then nothing.Like when i first put them in.Is there a certain server ip i need to enter. i use the one

thats shows up on my emby dashboard. 

Use the internal LAN address, not the external WAN address,

You can leave the PORT field blank unless you have changed it on the Emby server.

• Like 2

Blueeyiz702

Use the internal LAN address, not the external WAN address,

You can leave the PORT field blank unless you have changed it on the Emby server.

Thanks CBers that worked.

• Like 2