Playback stops randomly

alex3137

alex3137

Hello.

Playback sometimes stops with an error from either the web client or Emby theatre so I suspect problem is on server side.

Please find attached server logs.

Thanks, Alex

emby-server.txt

Edited by alex3137

alex3137

Ok, I've made a second attempt from my mac with Firefox 44.0.2. I wasn't watching the movie so I don't know if there was an error message when it stopped but when I looked back I was on the movie webpage. See attached server & transcode logs.

Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks !

server-63591004800.txt

transcode-214999e3-4c59-4eaa-90a2-1b9460556686.txt

• 3 weeks later...

I can't reproduce the problem. Can you try another browser such as Chrome and see if that makes a difference? thanks.

alex3137

It seems the playback stops after this error: 2016-02-14 21:35:39.9060 Error HttpAsyncTaskHandler: Error occured while Processing Request: Write failure

I recently migrated from OpenVZ to LXC and experience unusual IOwait on my host and containers. Do you think it could be related ?

alex3137

I can't reproduce the problem. Can you try another browser such as Chrome and see if that makes a difference? thanks.

Playback doesn't stop with an error under Chrome but subtitles are not synched (and they are in Firefox).

I reinstalled Emby completly using a fresh VM, still getting playback errors with Firefox. I am now under Emby 3.0.5871.0.

Subtitles are fixed in the new release, which should hopefully be out for all the linux distros soon.

alex3137

Here is the test I did under Firefox 44.0.2 on Mac OS X:

21h40: Play file 1 - 720p@10 mbits
21h43: Popup "There was an error playing the video" and playback restarts from the beginning and play in the background of the popup message

21h45: Play file 1 - 720p@5 mbits
21h50: Popup "There was an error playing the video" and playback restarts from the beginning and play in the background of the popup message

21h55: Play file 2 - 1080p@60mbits
22h00: Popup "There was an error playing the video" and movie stops

22h28: Play file 2 via tv.emby.media

22h31: Playback stops with a black screen and no pop message

File 2 plays fine under Safari (transcoding) or Emby Theatre Windows client (direct play).

Please find attached server's logs. Let me know if I can do something else.

server-63592819199.txt

i'll probably need a sample file. i can't reproduce any of these problems, sorry.

alex3137

No problem, does that work if I put the files available somewhere and share the link privately ?