Music Album Limit

djonnie
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

djonnie

Hi,

I'm customizing the Web Client to my needs. For example when clicking on movies or music the Suggestions tab is skipped and all movies / all albums are shown. Also it shows all of my movies instead of the first 100. (Yeah, I know these settings are overwritten when updating the server.) There's one thing that I can not find how to fix. When clicking on a Music Artist 8 albums and 30 songs are shown. I want to increase the default number of albums that are shown. I edited the itembynamedefaultpage.js and changed:

case 'MusicAlbum':
                loadItems(element, item, type, {
                    MediaTypes: "",
                    IncludeItemTypes: "MusicAlbum",
                    PersonTypes: "",
                    ArtistIds: "",
                    Limit: 8

I changed Limit to 15, restarted the webbrowser and reloaded the page using CTRL+F5.

But it doesn't work. Only 8 albums are shown. Lowering the Limit to 5 also doesn't work. It seems like it's hardcoded?

Someone an idea?

Djonnie

• Solution
Happy2Play

It is probably a caching issue.  What browser are you using?  If Chrome you will probably have to clear your browser history completely.  I tested changing from 8 to 10  in Firefox and worked fine.  Changed to 15 and opened in IE and it showed 15 albums.  CTRL+F5 works sometime but most of the time I have to nuke browser history to get changes.

example of 10

56c06ac2ada55_albums.jpg

• Like 1

djonnie

I tried Firefox and Chrome

it looks like you have a newer version of the server running, I don't have these nice backgrounds....

I'll try again

Happy2Play

It shouldn't matter but I am on beta.  And the backdrops you can enable by going to your user icon-Settings-Display setting-change enable backdrops from auto to yes.

I have custom css to lighten backdrops also.

Happy2Play

Even after changing it back to 8 Chrome is stuck showing 12, until I clear browser history again.  Restarting server and browser makes no difference, but clearing history and ensure you log in a new session resolves the issue.

56c06fa52da23_album2.jpg

• Like 2