Music auto folder gone

jamvids

jamvids

Hi,

I think my server crashed last night, today my auto grouped folders aren't working right and the music one has completely disappeared. though the music folders are still there.

Any Ideas? 

jamvids

OK

56bf6ab02f02e_Capture.png

I have it set up usually with the automatically grouped Music, TV and Movies folders first (top left) and then the folders that I haven't added to them after. It was all okay last night. I had to reboot the server software (latest stable version) as it was unresponsive. When I looked this morning I could log on but nothing appeared, and strangely it wasn't visible in the system tray of the server PC. I rebooted the PC and let it do a library scan. I updated to the latest beta and scanned again but no joy. I can still play everything but I use the music tab a lot, especially with android TV.

In MY VIEWS half of the folders are missing.

56bf7025ba8c1_Capture.png

Compared to the latest items options which lists all of my media folders (couldn't fit it in the screenshot fully)

56bf7146205c0_Capture.png

A weird one.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lgexxrnwfzft9h2/AADqp5FKQtiG24Xy0k2IvNZla?dl=0

There is a few logs, if you need any more let me know

jamvids

Ahh, no problems, I kinda liked what already existed but looking forward to the new style. That would explain this then

56c0758ded06b_Capture.png

These are all "Artist" fields, generally from VA albums. The ; and & separators missing. 

Happy2Play

No but I believe something with this change did or this is where the reporting started.

Edited by Happy2Play

jamvids

Ahh, no problems, I kinda liked what already existed but looking forward to the new style. That would explain this then

56c0758ded06b_Capture.png

These are all "Artist" fields, generally from VA albums. The ; and & separators missing. 

I don't even know who "Russel Means" is not to mention nusrat falaa whatever. 

Is there work being done on the "Artist" field? I would love it if it was used rather than "Album Artist" in certain situations i.e. art on android TV. I love the display on that but when I have playlists on I don't get art from songs that are on VA albums.

Happy2Play

There was a couple of releases ago.  But if you never refreshed your library you wouldn't have seen the changes.  Maybe the database updates forced this refresh/rescan.

jamvids

One other thing on this subject was play counts, I used to love that, i would love it to return, but to see all occurrences of a song to share the count simply under "artist" - "title".  

jamvids

There was a couple of releases ago.  But if you never refreshed your library you wouldn't have seen the changes.  Maybe the database updates forced this refresh/rescan.

I did ask the question about refresh, I only had one backdrop per artist, then I found the setting and changed it from 1 to 20. I tried to refresh all of my albums collection by going into metadata manager and highlighting the albums folder and set it to overwrite all art and refresh metadata but it missed loads. The ones it did look great. I do have a large flac/mp3 collection on there. I also did this from a remote browser, maybe I would have been better doing it on the server machine and leaving the browser open until the spinning dingus stopped.

Happy2Play

If you are doing a large refresh like that the spinning icon is useless because it times out after a minute or so.  If you start a task like that you don't have to wait for the spinner, the task will continue to run in the background until it finishes.

• Like 1

jamvids

I did wonder. Thanks. In that case it never actually finishes. Movies, TV or Music. I am still having to refresh individual items/artists. I can try again.