Channel Icons Blank

TonkaTuff

TonkaTuff

Hi guys.

I'm experiencing two issues with LiveTV via ServerWMC at the moment.

The first is that LiveTV playback via Emby isn't working at all. This has already been raised here; so, I'm hoping there's an update coming that'll fix that problem.

The second issue is the subject of this post - channel icons are being replaced with blank images.

Here's my set-up:

• I'm running WMC and ServerWMC version 1.0.0.60, build 1225 on a Windows 7 64-bit VM
  • I have "Import WMC channel icons when found" checked on the "Channels" tab in the ServerWMC config
  • WMC is connected to two dual DVB-T tuners, one is a locally connected USB "DigitalNow TinyTwin v3", the other is a network SiliconDust HD HomeRun "HDHR3-DT"
  • I'm using application "My Channel Logos" v3.1.0.0  to populate WMC with channel logos
  • I'm running Emby Server v3.0.5847.0 on Windows 7 64-bit
  • I have the ServerWMC Emby plugin v1.0.0.67 installed

The channel logos are appearing fine in WMC and until recently the same logos were being populated in Emby LiveTV.

Recently I noticed the channel icons disappeared, I've tried refreshing the metadata for the channels and doing a guide refresh but this didn't help.

After a while, I gave in and just manually uploaded the images to Emby. This worked but the next day the channel icons where missing in Emby again.

My guess is that the images I uploaded to Emby were replaced by images coming from ServerWMC but for some reason they're coming through as blank images instead of the icons that are shown in WMC.

I'm not sure if this is an Emby issue or a ServerWMC issue.

Some screenshots below demonstrating the issue.

Thanks!

Logs:

ServerWMC: ServerWMC.zip

Emby-Server: emby-server.zip

Guide

post-670-0-60207600-1455336724_thumb.png

Channel

post-670-0-13391900-1455336732_thumb.png

Edit Channel Images

post-670-0-43626000-1455336740_thumb.png

WMC Guide & ServerWMC Channel Settings

post-670-0-02615000-1455337208_thumb.png

Edited by TonkaTuff

krustyreturns

I really think the problem is on the emby side.  But if you suspect the problem is serverwmc the log will tell how many channel icons it found.  In the serverwmc log search for CheckChannelIcons.

TonkaTuff

Thanks guys.

Logs added to OP.

Not sure if the emby-server log captures the period when the manually added images got replaced.

I also just did a quick test where I manually added an image for one channel (in emby) then did a guide refresh (also in emby). This didn't cause the image I'd added to be replaced. So, I'd say its not a problem with the emby guide refresh operation.

Cheers.

You've used the hidden config switch ImageSavingConvention. try shutting down the server, removing that value from your system config file, then starting the server back up.

• 2 weeks later...
TonkaTuff

Hi guys.

An update on this one.

I made the config change Luke suggested, commenting out the "ImageSavingConvention" line.

After restarting the emby server and refreshing the guide then refreshing metadata for all channels, I still had no channel icons in emby guide.

I manually added the icons again via the emby UI. They stayed there for several days until today. I needed to restart the VM where WMC and SWMC is installed and restart the server where emby is installed (which is actually the host for the WMC VM). Following this my icons are gone again.

• 2 months later...
theniteow1

@@Luke I'm experiencing this same issue.  No rhyme or reason, but the logos have disappeared.  Exact same symptoms that @@TonkaTuff experienced.  I have logos in WMC, but it's not appearing in anything.  ServerWMC says it imports the logos, but Emby just ignores it.

• 5 weeks later...
Tester

Same exact issue here, on latest Emby and ServerWMC

Logos missing in chrome, android & theater

Edited by Tester

theniteow1

Same exact issue here, on latest Emby and ServerWMC

Logos missing in chrome, android & theater

Not that this is an actual solution, but I just decided to go ahead and manually add the logos using the Metadata Manager in Emby.  For some reason Emby refused to import them automatically.  It's a huge pain in the ass, but it's at least a work around.

coyote

Yep, this is still an issue in 3.19.24. I made sure ServerWMC is importing logos, wiped the library.db, cache and metadata folders, restarted the sever and refreshed guide data. Still no channel logos in Emby.

it thinks there are images there for the channels that have them, but there is no matching file anywhere under metadata, and there is an error in the server log when the image fetch is attempted by the client. This makes me think the server is failing to get the image from ServerWMC, and I see nothing in the ServerWMC log to indicate it tries.

Edited by coyote

krustyreturns

Serverwmc just gives emby a path to the image file, so there is no indication in its log whether emby loads the image or not.

coyote

I removed all non-default settings from the ServerWMC config (except to make it run as a service) and the problem went away. After deleting the library.db and the cache/metadata folders and restarting Emby Server, the channels logos are back.

Edited by coyote

Tester

Coyote, if the problem went away with the ServerWMC default settings, why then delete the library files ?

Or I should ask, which should we do, the 1st, the 2nd or both ?

krustyreturns

I'd like to know that too, and if you still have it, what the settings were before you switched to all defaults.

coyote

Coyote, if the problem went away with the ServerWMC default settings, why then delete the library files ?

Or I should ask, which should we do, the 1st, the 2nd or both ?

The channel logos are stored in the library.db file. I wanted to ensure I had nothing stored. You might be able to simply refresh guide data after fixing the ServerWMC config.

coyote

I'd like to know that too, and if you still have it, what the settings were before you switched to all defaults.

Unfortunately I don't. I deleted the config.xml, ran the UI to recreate it, and set the key to run as a service.

I have changed every setting I can that would affect channels and nothing is breaking logos now. I guess there was a bad setting in my config that is no longer used by the current version of ServerWMC.

• 3 weeks later...
Bert

Hi guys.

An update on this one.

I made the config change Luke suggested, commenting out the "ImageSavingConvention" line.

After restarting the emby server and refreshing the guide then refreshing metadata for all channels, I still had no channel icons in emby guide.

I manually added the icons again via the emby UI. They stayed there for several days until today. I needed to restart the VM where WMC and SWMC is installed and restart the server where emby is installed (which is actually the host for the WMC VM). Following this my icons are gone again.

Sorry this is not more helpful but I closed ServerWMC and Emby went in and deleted everything in "C:\ProgramData\VDSoftware\ServerWMC".  Relaunched everything and now I have my logos back.  

Never did I do anything like this from Luke: "You've used the hidden config switch ImageSavingConvention. try shutting down the server, removing that value from your system config file, then starting the server back up."

If I had been more patient I could have done one thing and seen what actually was causing the problem but thought I would at least report that nuclear option of the files in this folder seemed to resolve the problem for me.

• 4 weeks later...
plazma

I just replaced my windows emby server vm with a linux server vm, everything works great, but like others im missing channel logos from serverwmc, instead mine are also blank.

Ive deleted them, refreshed the guide, replaced with blank.

Edited /var/lib/emby-server/config/system.xml

and checked the line was:

<ImageSavingConvention>Compatible</ImageSavingConvention>

Tried deleting the line, restarting and then its auto created... so no joy.

Anyway just wanted to report back on the missing channel logs issue. Going to try and manually populate them :( for now, which worked.

Edited by plazma