Cannot get out of screensaver on the new emby app

jjstecchino

jjstecchino

Emby is on, leave it alone, screensaver starts, leave it alone until windows blacks out the screen (computer not sleeping, just screen off) press a key, screen back on, any key I press does not turn off the screensaver. almost if emby has lost focus and it is not processing keystrokes.

Also does not return to emby by clicking on it. It takes a double click to exit full screen and close+restart emby from task bar.

Don't know if anybody else can reproduce

HTPC has imon installed. Don't know if it has anything to do with that.

• Like 2

I've randomly had the same issue. For me when media domaines playing it almost immediately goes into the screensaver and it's about 50/50 is a key press is recognized and the screensaver goes away or I have to force close the app.

This is on a Windows 10 HTPC (no additional software installed).

yep, same here. Can we have at least 5-10 minutes before the screensaver cuts in please. It's always turning on about 2secs after playback is finished. tks

elshagon

yep, same here. Can we have at least 5-10 minutes before the screensaver cuts in please. It's always turning on about 2secs after playback is finished. tks

I've had the same problem of a show ending and it goes immediately to screensaver instead of returning to the show's page.  I've also had difficulty getting out of the screensaver.  If I recall correctly I think I was able to hit the button under the scroller on my mouse and it returned me to Emby.  The back button on my remote used to do it as well as moving my mouse but no longer.  I'm sure all these little things will get sorted out.

Koleckai Silvestri

I've found that if you calmly click the mouse, press the space bar five times, and then roughly pound on the keyboard for 30 seconds, that the screensaver goes away.

Easier to close and relaunch the app. I wish I could turn off the screensaver completely though.

I found it happens if I RDP into my HTPC using Chrome Remote Desktop. If the screensaver is running nothing can be done to close it using the keyboard, short of closing ET down.

Harblar

Same here. Win 10 Pro.  Screensaver will randomly lockup and immediately goes to screensaver after video playback (almost as if it's running in the background while the video is playing).

So, that just leaves the question... How the heck do you disable the screensaver? I'd prefer to just turn it off at this point until it gets fixed.

• Like 1

coldacid

My HTPC is still Win8.1 and I get this on there. However rapid-firing on Esc tends to make the screensaver go away. I find it will also start right away after video playback ends, though, without giving me a chance to do anything.

I'm finding that it's better. I've gone 2 or 3 days now without the SS locking things up. Still comes on way too quickly though although it's not always instant. now on version .46 .

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Harblar

I get the occasional oddity when I start playing back media. I've had it happen several times now where I'll start a movie and somewhere around the 15 minute mark (sometimes further on in the movie depending on whether I paused or moved the mouse, etc...) the screen will suddenly go black, halt playback, and immediately start screensaver. I'll manage to disengage the screensaver only to find that all movie progress has been forgotten forcing me to skip back through the movie to attempt to find where I was at before it went dark (also, I'm no longer able to select a chapter from the menu as a starting point. When I do I just get the little windows loading circle spinning on indefinitely.)

So, yeah...  Any possible way to disable the screensaver until this gets fixed?  Maybe a screensaver toggle added to the settings menu for the next beta release?

Koleckai Silvestri

For me, it has been better in the last few point releases. A simple wave of the mouse seems to remove the screensaver. Would still like to turn it off completely though or, at least, increase the waiting period before it triggers to about an hour.

• Like 1

JoshuaAJones

I wonder if this is related to the post I made about the Emby window no longer being "active"?

My remote becomes useless but I am usually able to get the mouse to work.

Well that's an important distinction that we need to try and learn. Has focus moved to another application, or does Emby Theater still have focus but is not allowing you to select anything?

Koleckai Silvestri

Emby Theater almost never has window focus while I am watching videos. It is on one monitor and I am doing something else on another. The only time it has focus is when I am selecting a video for playback. I don't have a remote at all.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

Emby Theater almost never has window focus while I am watching videos. It is on one monitor and I am doing something else on another. The only time it has focus is when I am selecting a video for playback. I don't have a remote at all.

So then in your case, is there a focus issue?

jordy

Last night I was preparing ET to watch some TV eps and got sidetracked. When I came back to it (about 10mins), the SS had taken over and the only way i could get control back with my mouse or keyboard was to double tap the mouse somewhere on the screen to get it out of full screen mode and then r/click the taskbar icon and close it. Also, I'm still seeing immediate ss activity when playback finishes, however it is generally responsive to the mouse if you get in quick enough. Please give us the option to turn off the SS

Edited by jordy

Koleckai Silvestri

So then in your case, is there a focus issue?

Regardless of focus, the screensaver starts within milliseconds of the video ending. With focus, a swipe of the mouse over Emby Theater's window removes the screensaver. Without focus, I have to close the application from the taskbar to regain control over it easily.

Steven

I'm having the same issue on my Surface. The screensaver starts instantly after a video ends but won't respond to touch to get rid of it. Would love to see an option to just disable it as I personally just prefer to use the lock screen of my own photos in Win10.

Harblar

Where are we on getting a screensaver toggle added to the settings page? Still having the same issues on 2.0.  

Also, it would be nice to select where the screensaver content is pulled from.  Really sick of having it go from a Movie backdrop, to TV, and then like 50 Band/Music backdrops in a row. For the short term, though, just let us turn it off! 

• 3 weeks later...
jjstecchino

Running on Windows 10 HTPC connected to a big tv through a receiver.

Emby Theater app is in full screen. Screensaver starts, it almost seems that the screensaver is preventing emby from getting focus. no keyboard or mouse click turn the screensaver off. The only thing I can do is a double click. That brings the app into a smaller window so that I can see the task bar and close emby. 

For me it happens every time and all the time.

It would be desirable to have a setting to turn the screensaver off and another to set the idle time before the screensaver fires up.