Primary images not being used on Home view / Resume

dethknite

dethknite

I have come across an issue where media that only has a Primary image (scraped), shows up blank in the Resume view on the Home page.  If a Thumb is added of the exact same Primary image that was scraped, it shows up fine.  Am I missing something to force scraping Thumbs and Primary.. or would it be easier to have the Resume fallback to show Primary images if no Thumb is available?

post-4853-0-01769100-1455221823_thumb.png

post-4853-0-02671300-1455221831_thumb.png

Edited by dethknite

dethknite

Thanks for the reply... Perhaps it is due to the fact that I have the "Content Type" set to Home Videos?  This doesn't seem to occur for my Movies or TV folders...

Edited by dethknite

dethknite

Do you think it could be that I have Emby Xml set as primary Metadata?

post-4853-0-33610200-1455225882_thumb.png

It shows up fine in the Home-->My Media section by navigating to it...  only has issues in the Resume..

post-4853-0-15008000-1455226081_thumb.png

I will try changing some things up to see if it helps..

Edited by dethknite

dethknite

Now it got even weirder... I have a Family Videos section and it is setup the same... and works..

post-4853-0-27240300-1455226351_thumb.png

post-4853-0-27915800-1455226362_thumb.png

The only difference I see is that the Primary image sizes differ.  When the image is 600 x 452, it shows up in Resume section.  The one that is 600 x 336 is the one showing up blank.

** UPDATE ** I manually took the .jpg and resized it to 600 x 452 and added it as primary and it still does not show up, so sizing is not the issue here.

Edited by dethknite

dethknite

Directory wise.. I noticed that the folders that were created more than a year or two ago contain a *.xml file as well as the *.nfo file, and these work in the Resume view.

post-4853-0-95760800-1455227669_thumb.png

The newer folder that does not work is missing the *.xml file.

post-4853-0-19614200-1455227682_thumb.png

** UPDATE ** There is nothing in the .xml that specifies images/thumbs/etc... so I am ruling this out.  Maybe it has something to do with the filename length... back to the drawing board for me.

Edited by dethknite

dethknite

The server log has errors parsing xml.. but no .xml file was ever created in that folder as you can see in the picture in the previous post.

Edited by dethknite

the fact that it's blank looks like some kind of failure. if the web client thought there was no image it would display a placeholder.

• Like 1

dethknite

the fact that it's blank looks like some kind of failure. if the web client thought there was no image it would display a placeholder.

Thanks for that tidbit... at least I now have a better idea of what to look for.

Edited by dethknite

dethknite

I now have had a few other folders exhibiting this behavior.  They have primary images but do not show in recent or resume sections.  So I now tried performing a Refresh on the Parent folders... but to no effect.

Perhaps deleting the cache folder on the server and performing a Refresh would help?

Edited by dethknite

dethknite

Latest test:

I restored my server (AppData\MediaBrowser-Server) back to January 30th backup, and launched.  Everything looked great again and was working, but after it auto-updated / performed a library refresh... the images are missing once again in the Resume and Latest Media sections.  This was prior to the database upgrade though.  I let that run and it still was having issues.

Might have to just deal with missing images for everything that doesn't have a landscape.jpg for now...

Edited by dethknite

dethknite

Latest Chrome Dev, though it is the same in Firefox.  Also have issues in Emby client on my Android phone.  Actually, it has not worked anywhere that I have tried, for any new added media, for a bit more than a week...

Here is the latest view from a fresh open of Edge browser at work...

attachicon.gifEdge.png

(the CoverArt plugin makes no difference either... I just added that back in today)...

What browser are you using?  Is the same in a different browser?

Latest Chrome Dev, though it is the same in Firefox.  Also have issues in Emby client on my Android phone.  Actually, it has not worked anywhere that I have tried, for any new added media, for a bit more than a week...

Here is the latest view from a fresh open of Edge browser at work...

post-4853-0-21892500-1455649953_thumb.png

(the CoverArt plugin makes no difference either... I just added that back in today)...

Edited by dethknite

dethknite

Oddly enough... the images that do not show in Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Android... show up ok on the Roku.  In most instances.. they have a poster and two backdrops is all. (Most of these were just added today, TV Series appear ok because they have thumbs, Movies and Home Video blank on all devices except Roku)

post-4853-0-46350400-1455661879_thumb.jpg
Edited by dethknite

dethknite

I think I have an idea what the issue might be..  something changed (perhaps in LocalImageProvider.cs) to not use "backdrop" or "fanart" as a fallback.  The landscape.jpg is used for Latest Media and Recently Played, but backdrop.jpg is not if no landscape.jpg exists.

Works:

post-4853-0-74101400-1455822784_thumb.png

Does Not Work:

post-4853-0-66562000-1455822797_thumb.png

Edited by dethknite

dethknite

one file named "fanart1.jpg", however, there are other folders that have no extrafanart and still exhibit the same.

Also not working:

post-4853-0-31979000-1455824038_thumb.png

This morning I also tried uninstalling Emby Server, reinstalling, and restoring settings from backup.  Scan library just finished but the same behavior is being exhibited...

Edited by dethknite

dethknite

I went ahead and tried removing refreshinfo.db and library.db and running it again.  Still seeing the same issue.  Another thing to note about the landscape.jpg theory... I went into Movies --> Movies and changed the view from posters to thumbs... and any movie without thumbs (landscape.jpg) were blank..

post-4853-0-73233800-1455850909_thumb.png

Edited by dethknite

i can't reproduce any of this. what you're saying is that the home videos content type isn't picking up backdrop images but i just tested all of this and couldn't reproduce it. i also tested the presence of just a primary image and it showed up in the resume view.

Have you tried disabling cover art? Your thumb images are using the sapphire treatment. These are cached after creation. You may just need to disable cover art then see if the images populate. If they do, reenable cover art and it should recache these images again. You can also just wipe /cache empty of everything and let emby recreate the cached images.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dethknite

Correct.. but it happens with Home Videos and Movies folder types... those are the two I have issues with.  TV probably have issues too but I have created Thumbs for all TV shows I have so the issue is fairly masked.

dethknite

Have you tried disabling cover art? Your thumb images are using the sapphire treatment. These are cached after creation. You may just need to disable cover art then see if the images populate. If they do, reenable cover art and it should recache these images again. You can also just wipe /cache empty of everything and let emby recreate the cached images.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Good suggestion but this issue happens with it disabled as well.  Actually, this began about 3 weeks ago and I did not have CA plugin installed.  I had tried it months ago but thought I was experiencing slow refreshes as a result.  I only added it back in when I thought it possibly might fix the issue...

dethknite

I was trying to look at it from the client side debugging in Chrome... the image never was sent.  I highlighted here where the image should have been... the ones prior show in Recent list... then the missing one is blank... then the next ones are shown..

post-4853-0-15726700-1455859822_thumb.png