EmbyTV EPG data

mellomade

mellomade

I am currently trying to test to see if changes to EPG data are updating my scheduled recordings list and I am running into a problem that I hope someone can shed some light on.

I understand that Emby server caches the epg data for each channel in %appdata%\Emby-Server\cache\embytvepg.  Running a refresh updates these JSON files - fine.  However if I manually delete all these files the guide data still appears in the guide for any client for the guide range that was previously downloaded.

I have tried cleaning the database and restarting Emby - as well as ensuring that the browser cache has been emptied.

Can someone point me to where this data is further cached?

FWIW - I'd like to clear this data completely out and test some changes to the cached data (specifically the 'IsRepeat' flag) to see if my scheduled data finds the changes after the guide data has been pulled.

you can't do that. just run the guide refresh. there's the raw epg data and then there's the actual emby database which you won't want to wipe out.

I am so lost is scheduled direct the only way to get the guide data? I have serverwmc that used to get the data. But no more?

ServerWmc is still supported. Remember that it depends on Windows Media Center, so if you don't have guide data there, then you won't in Emby either.

• 3 weeks later...
nadforever

Is there a way to pull guide data like the hdhomerun app does. Somehow it pulls its info from someplace. But when I open up the android app version and slide over to the guide all the channel info for every channel is right there with photos and all.

denz

I subscribe to hdhomerun dvr service and it has epg with metadata for Australia just like schedule direct was wondering is it possible for emby to import that data. Currently there is no guide data with using the built in live tv service.

Thanks

mellomade

I subscribe to hdhomerun dvr service and it has epg with metadata for Australia just like schedule direct was wondering is it possible for emby to import that data. Currently there is no guide data with using the built in live tv service.

Thanks

From SD's forum:

"The guide data is licensed for use with HDHomeRun VIEW and unfortunately can't be used with third party apps."

• Like 2

denz

What a shame it would have been so useful for Australian market I will email Icetv to see will they consider supporting thumbnails.

Edited by denz