Change Emby Connect username

blackhole454

blackhole454

Hi @@Abobader,

My apologies if I posted this in the wrong sub-forum. I just signed up for Emby Connect, and I realized when I tried to log in that I mis-typed my username during the signup process. Is there a way to change my username (the one I use to log into the Emby forums)? If not, is there a way to delete my account, freeing up my e-mail address so I can create a new account with the correct username?

• 2 months later...

Didn't know if I should start a new thread or what but this one isn't that old so here we go. I'd like to change my username so I can use it as an Admin type account and the Emby connect with a password I'm not afraid of sharing (with a select few of very good buds) then setting up my own personal account on the server for streaming and hiding the Emby connect/admin account. Is this even necessary? I noticed in the server/user settings I can specify my Emby connect account to users. Do they need to have their own Emby connect account or by adding mine does that allow them to log in with the user info I specify and it will find the server? I only found a description that was 3 things. Create, share, connect or something like that. Some more elaborate documentation would be nice for people looking to support a few users not just themselves. If it exists I couldn't find it. It would be nice to have my main account isolated from my emby connect with either the same username or a different one if I choose or even my hostname for my DNS since that is what everyone is used to using. I imagine they can simply bypass the emby connect and use my hostname but I'd like it to be seamless for simple folk. Any help or elaboration anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Want to have my friend download this and give him emby connect info without handing him the reigns to my whole account.

Create your account as a local user account with admin rights.

Then add each of your remote users as "Guest" accounts.  They will each need Connect/Forum accounts.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
NightCrawler504

Hi Ive been looking around, cant seem to find how to change account username, already changed it in forums but wanna change it for registration purposes (I will not remember it- don't want to) i wrote NightCrawñer504 when it should have been NightCrawler504 can I get some help also if you change it do I get an email or should not being able to login in be the clue?

What do you mean by "for registration purposes"?

If you change it here on the forum, then it should be changed.

• 1 year later...
J-PANUCCI-09/05/18

Hi

Sorry but I'm new to this.I'm looking to edit my username but unsure.Could anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance

Hi

Sorry but I'm new to this.I'm looking to edit my username but unsure.Could anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance

Good day,

What the user name you want to have?

My best

Hi Abobader

Please change my name to the following J-PANUCCI-09/05/18

Thankyou

Good day,

Done.

My best

Happy2Play

@@Abobader

This is the process to change the Display name correct?

5ad0ecf9ccd49_settings.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

• 3 months later...
Rob Willis 040419

Is it possible to change the username as well as the display name? Or by changing the display name this will change the username anyway?

John Spencer 17.4.19 AM

hi Abobader I changed my display name to John Spencer 17.4.19 AM on the profile page but keeps displaying johnspen66 on emby app on my shield could this be changed to John Spencer 17.4.19 AM please cheers

hi Abobader I changed my display name to John Spencer 17.4.19 AM on the profile page but keeps displaying johnspen66 on emby app on my shield could this be changed to John Spencer 17.4.19 AM please cheers

For the apps to see that change you may have to re-invite the user.

hi could my login be changed from l.whelan to l.whelan05-04-19 please thank you

Done.

Hi could I also get my username changed to Mick.johnston-4-5-2019 please thanks

Done.

• Like 1