Advanced Refresh - I don't see it

SteveSng
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

SteveSng

Running the latest beta (Version 3.0.5869.0) on Windows 7.

Numerous forum messages related to Metadata Manager refer to "Advanced Refresh" accessed through the three-dot overflow menu to the right of "Identify" or "Refresh".  I don't see this.

Is "Advanced Refresh" the same as the popup that appears when I hit the "Refresh" button?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Thanks,

Steve

seanbuff

I have also noticed that this seems to be missing from the menu ever since the new popup Edit window was introduced.

Not sure if this was intentional, but I'm really missing that option as I often want to 'Add only missing data' or download only missing images and leave the rest of the metadata untouched.

This is very important as I make use of custom genres and do not want them being overwritten everytime i update just for a critic or community rating, etc.

SteveSng

This option is still available via the Metadata Manager.

Well, I don't see the three dots in Metadata Manager; this is what I see:

56bcf5a7ac944_MetadataManager.jpg

Thanks,

Steve

• Solution
Happy2Play

Click Refresh  from there and you will see the advanced options.  They were merged probably 6 months ago.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
skuuup

I only see one "Refresh" option for my top-most grouping when I select the three dots on the top-right. It doesn't seem to refresh any of the lower-level items.

Also, selecting multiple items at a time doesn't refresh them all. It will only refresh the last selected item.

575946db7ff57_ScreenShot20160609at33519A

refreshing at the top level will refresh everything underneath, the problem is just that we have currently not yet added a way for you to monitor the progress of it.

skuuup

Yeah--this was my expectation, but it seems that a refresh from the top level is not working as reliably as it should.

It looks like you might have to do this a few times, spaced an hour in-between (if you have a library with 100+ items..) and this will slowly get the content updated.

Some items ultimately will get leftover, regardless of how many times you refresh from a top level, and you need to refresh these manually.

I also have a theory that some individual items might cause the top-level refresh to get "stuck", which is another reason to do a manual refresh on the stale items.

no, the issue is it just takes a bit of time and you're not able to monitor it, which naturally will lead you to think it's not working.